Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
Ray Wilding
Enthusiast
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Ray Wilding » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:24 pm

RUBIATE in R4.

Tom S
Devotee
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Tom S » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Ah good run Chris, have enjoyed seeing you over your games, and unlucky to lose in such tight circumstances, but it did make for good viewing :). Look forward to a reappearance in 10 years time when you can achieve octochampdom :)

Owen Carroll
Enthusiast
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:10 am

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Owen Carroll » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Tom S wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:09 pm
Ah good run Chris, have enjoyed seeing you over your games, and unlucky to lose in such tight circumstances, but it did make for good viewing :). Look forward to a reappearance in 10 years time when you can achieve octochampdom :)
You can come back after 5 years. Zarte did.

samir pilica
Acolyte
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by samir pilica » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:05 pm

R ? STEATOMA

Tom S
Devotee
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Tom S » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Owen Carroll wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm
Tom S wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:09 pm
Ah good run Chris, have enjoyed seeing you over your games, and unlucky to lose in such tight circumstances, but it did make for good viewing :). Look forward to a reappearance in 10 years time when you can achieve octochampdom :)
You can come back after 5 years. Zarte did.
I think that is dependant on how the opponent does, as Zarte lost to a CoC champ, but Alan seems capable, so we will see how he does, as if he octos, that may help Chris out, but I am not sure as to whether that is an official or unofficial stance.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8396
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Good game today. I thought Chris might become an octochamp, but this Kiwi guy looks fairly decent too.

User avatar
Chris Sturdy
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Sussex
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Chris Sturdy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks folks. (25+75)*(6+4)=1000 will be written smearily on my headstone!

Really enjoyed playing and only a little bit frustrated not to have been out of sight come the conundrum, which while in the audience, my other half said he had solved every time.

Still, glad to have got a teapot and fulfilled a 25 year old dream of being on the show...

Chris
Twenty-six letters of the alphabet = Best of all, they shape written text!

User avatar
Chris Sturdy
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am
Location: Sussex
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Chris Sturdy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Chris Sturdy wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 pm
Really enjoyed playing and only a little bit frustrated not to have been out of sight come the conundrum, which while in the audience, my other half said he had solved every time.
I would like to clarify, the he in question being my Kiwi opponent; my partner Jane in the audience was sat next to him and knew he had solved the Conundrum because he muttered it under his breath and also he said so in the green room between episodes and I had no reason to doubt him!
Twenty-six letters of the alphabet = Best of all, they shape written text!

Toby McDonald
Acolyte
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Toby McDonald » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 pm

AZURITE in R4 as well.

George Pryn
Acolyte
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by George Pryn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Tom S wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:35 pm
Owen Carroll wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm
Tom S wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:09 pm
Ah good run Chris, have enjoyed seeing you over your games, and unlucky to lose in such tight circumstances, but it did make for good viewing :). Look forward to a reappearance in 10 years time when you can achieve octochampdom :)
You can come back after 5 years. Zarte did.
I think that is dependant on how the opponent does, as Zarte lost to a CoC champ, but Alan seems capable, so we will see how he does, as if he octos, that may help Chris out, but I am not sure as to whether that is an official or unofficial stance.
Don't forget Dan was only 3yr to go back, think it's just completely individual doesn't seem to be much of a rule looking back

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Johnny Canuck » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:06 pm

George Pryn wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:38 pm
Tom S wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:35 pm
Owen Carroll wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm

You can come back after 5 years. Zarte did.
I think that is dependant on how the opponent does, as Zarte lost to a CoC champ, but Alan seems capable, so we will see how he does, as if he octos, that may help Chris out, but I am not sure as to whether that is an official or unofficial stance.
Don't forget Dan was only 3yr to go back, think it's just completely individual doesn't seem to be much of a rule looking back
And Karyn Cooke (Robbo's first S60 victim) was one year.
* Despite everything, it's still you.

Philip Wilson
Devotee
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 6th November 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 93)

Post by Philip Wilson » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Thought that was a great game. Felt like a final or something at the end with both attempts at 967 and then finding it was impossible.
Noticed no dc offers in the ardours round, I just had Dross, lol.
Worked out another way to 999 but after time was up and before RR's solve, which was ((25-4)x50) - (75-6x4).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests