Spoilers for Thursday 18th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 80)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Spoilers for Thursday 18th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 80)

Post by Ryan Lam »

I'm back for the next four weeks, University Exams and Tests have taken a toll on my time here and before long, another round will start again!

I must say Martin was on fire today! Tied with Jodine Lawrence for the top score of the series to date! (Jodine appeared in end-June if anyone has forgotten...)

He was definitely well-prepared; this episode was recorded on Monday, 30 July 2018 and is the first one after the summer break. Let's hope his streak continues and hopefully we have another Octochamp! Excellent spot for PRUINOSE and TAPROOTS! :) After all, a 1.5 month break in filming can be enough to break people's streak...

On a side note, commiserations to Chris...had he faced an average contestant he probably would've won given his excellent performance in the last third of the show. :(
Tom S
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 18th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 80)

Post by Tom S »

Martin was very good today, one of the top performances of the series....
Bradley Horrocks
Acolyte

Post by Bradley Horrocks »

It was a good joint performance I thought after Gloria's spot. Chris just needed to get off the blocks after that start, then he was fine.
"And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH
Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

Post by Martin Hurst »

Rachel's tan looked a lot stronger than yesterday - she must have fell asleep on her sunbed! Interesting Nick talking about his recent summer holidays as well - surprised he has time when he is hosting Countdown on telly every weekday of the year.
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Ryan Lam wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:04 pm I'm back for the next four weeks, University Exams and Tests have taken a toll on my time here and before long, another round will start again!

I must say Martin was on fire today! Tied with Jodine Lawrence for the top score of the series to date! (Jodine appeared in end-June if anyone has forgotten...)

He was definitely well-prepared; this episode was recorded on Monday, 30 July 2018 and is the first one after the summer break. Let's hope his streak continues and hopefully we have another Octochamp! Excellent spot for PRUINOSE and TAPROOTS! :) After all, a 1.5 month break in filming can be enough to break people's streak...

On a side note, commiserations to Chris...had he faced an average contestant he probably would've won given his excellent performance in the last third of the show. :(
That explains Rachel's tan then! :)
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum