Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
User avatar
Thomas Carey
Devotee
Posts: 994
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: North-West of Bradford
Contact:

Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Post by Thomas Carey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Mike's back again. Let's go :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
cheers maus

Owen Carroll
Enthusiast
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:10 am

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Post by Owen Carroll » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:16 pm

I'll be really surprised (and disappointed) if mike doesn't make the 800 club

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Post by Johnny Canuck » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Owen Carroll wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:16 pm
I'll be really surprised (and disappointed) if mike doesn't make the 800 club
After today, I honestly don't think he's that likely to anymore -- he'd need his highest score so far (115) to qualify. Still doable by all means if he gets a niner, though, and he's also probably going to yet again make provisional #1 seed.
* Despite everything, it's still you.

Owen Carroll
Enthusiast
Posts: 425
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:10 am

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Post by Owen Carroll » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm
Owen Carroll wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:16 pm
I'll be really surprised (and disappointed) if mike doesn't make the 800 club
After today, I honestly don't think he's that likely to anymore -- he'd need his highest score so far (115) to qualify. Still doable by all means if he gets a niner, though, and he's also probably going to yet again make provisional #1 seed.
What was his score again today? I can't access the countdown wiki. 79 was his score I think.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8395
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am

I'm always a bit surprised that POUNDER isn't one of those "in combination" words.

TOBESTER was in round 7. Not valid though as it's a name.

Peter Mabey
Devotee
Posts: 998
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: Harlow

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Post by Peter Mabey » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am
I'm always a bit surprised that POUNDER isn't one of those "in combination" words.

TOBESTER was in round 7. Not valid though as it's a name.
POUNDER would be OK as someone who pounds something into a pulp

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8395
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Peter Mabey wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am
I'm always a bit surprised that POUNDER isn't one of those "in combination" words.

TOBESTER was in round 7. Not valid though as it's a name.
POUNDER would be OK as someone who pounds something into a pulp
Interestingly, both meanings are "usually in combination".

Toby McDonald
Acolyte
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 11th October 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 75)

Post by Toby McDonald » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am
TOBESTER was in round 7. Not valid though as it's a name.
Hehe, good try, but there was only one T. ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests