Spoilers For Monday 1st October 2018

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Spoilers For Monday 1st October 2018

Post by Tom S »

Game 8 for Robin. Can he break the history books for the lowest debut score of an octochamp in this modern day format, or will he join the likes of Bob Lunt or Lewis Carson in the 7 wins club. Either way he deserves to make it to the final based on what we have seen so far, so you never know....!
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for 1st October 2018

Post by Ray Wilding »

SWAGGIER in R10.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Congrats to Robin- a well deserved octochamp. But commiserations to Matt, for the majority of the game it was very strong play by both (especially on the letters front), and the scoreline did seem harsh at the end. Look forward to seeing what he produces come the finals! PS- very fitting for him to get his only conundrum on his last game :)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

PURPOSER to beat RAPPERS/POURERS.

Four octochamps in 33 games... mad skillz from Robin and all the others.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I don't mind saying this now that he's an ocotchamp, but I thought that Robin's first game was truly awful. He scored 57, and that was against someone having a bit of a nightmare of their own. I was expecting him to go out in the next game, but he really turned it around and his later performances were really quite a pleasant surprise!
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Robin's range of heat scores must be one of the largest of any octochamp, though I suspect Glen Webb is still tops.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Congrats Robin. And you got your conundrum! Well done mate!