Spoilers for Thursday 13th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 56)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday 13th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 56)

Post by Thomas Carey »

Oh cool I'm awake in time this time

Uh yeah Dave's on game six now. Can we get a third back to back octo? Find out Monday at the latest I guess
cheers maus
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 13th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 56)

Post by Ray Wilding »

Was out of time, but ((6+5)*9+10)*8 in the third numbers.
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

Another 3rd numbers alt: ((75 + 5) x 10) + (9 x 8)
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Post by Ryan Lam »

It was nice to see Laura make a return on the show after 13 years, commiserations to her but still, a wonderful game with POULETS and FUNDIES from her. Indeed, Countdown runs through your family!

Toby, if you're reading this, well done for solving for the conundrum! (Even I blanked out on this one...) No wonder why you said you were there :) We should look out for more McDonalds like you as Rachel mentioned :P
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Ryan Lam wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:02 pm It was nice to see Laura make a return on the show after 13 years, commiserations to her but still, a wonderful game with POULETS and FUNDIES from her. Indeed, Countdown runs through your family!

Toby, if you're reading this, well done for solving for the conundrum! (Even I blanked out on this one...) No wonder why you said you were there :) We should look out for more McDonalds like you as Rachel mentioned :P
Cheers Ryan! Haha, but no-one else in my family is interested in going on. :P
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Toby McDonald wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:20 pm
Ryan Lam wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:02 pm It was nice to see Laura make a return on the show after 13 years, commiserations to her but still, a wonderful game with POULETS and FUNDIES from her. Indeed, Countdown runs through your family!

Yeah, nice job Toby today on the conundrum- was not the easiest, but commiserations to your Mum who did have some great words, some of which were new to me. It is the experience that counts and she fell victim to the luck of the draw and into Dave's path, who put on a solid performance today.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Good game. Well done on the conundrum Toby. Give your mother my commiserations
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Tom S wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:34 pm
Toby McDonald wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Yeah, nice job Toby today on the conundrum- was not the easiest, but commiserations to your Mum who did have some great words, some of which were new to me. It is the experience that counts and she fell victim to the luck of the draw and into Dave's path, who put on a solid performance today.
Thanks Tom! Yeah, she was a little disappointed she didn't get the teapot, but that is very true about the experience (she also beat me on a couple rounds as I didn't play very well in the audience). But imo, there were some very tough rounds today. Dave certainly is a formidable player for a non-Apterite.
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Owen Carroll wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:33 pm Good game. Well done on the conundrum Toby. Give your mother my commiserations
Thanks Owen. I will. :)
Stephen Holford

Post by Stephen Holford »

I was there also, and remember that after Toby got the conundrum they tried to give it to someone else ( as Toby probably has enough Countdown mugs)
But the other person came up with a completely different word (decadonal I think) despite Toby having given the correct answer already lol