Spoilers for Tuesday 11th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 54)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
Toby McDonald
Acolyte
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Spoilers for Tuesday 11th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 54)

Post by Toby McDonald » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:22 pm

I was in the audience for all Charlie Stayt's episodes and in this one, my only beater was GOODYERAS in R1.

Owen Carroll
Enthusiast
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:10 am

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 11th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 54)

Post by Owen Carroll » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Toby McDonald wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:22 pm
I was in the audience for all Charlie Stayt's episodes and in this one, my only beater was GOODYERAS in R1.
That's still a brilliant 9 though. Well done Toby.

Toby McDonald
Acolyte
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 11th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 54)

Post by Toby McDonald » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Owen Carroll wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:57 pm
Toby McDonald wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:22 pm
I was in the audience for all Charlie Stayt's episodes and in this one, my only beater was GOODYERAS in R1.
That's still a brilliant 9 though. Well done Toby.
Cheers :)

Ryan Lam
Acolyte
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:10 am

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 11th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 54)

Post by Ryan Lam » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:57 am

That was a brilliant comeback by Dave! Just shows that you should never give up even if the odds are stacked against you at the late stage...

Alternative for R6: (50 + 3) x (10 + 6) + 9

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8356
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 11th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 54)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:40 am

I got MICHELNIS in one of the rounds.

Owen Carroll
Enthusiast
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 1:10 am

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 11th September 2018 (Series 79, Prelim 54)

Post by Owen Carroll » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 am

Ryan Lam wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:57 am
That was a brilliant comeback by Dave! Just shows that you should never give up even if the odds are stacked against you at the late stage...
I agree. Tons of examples. Chris Thorn against Sam prouse, Paul Harper and Phil Davies, although he still lost but made a great comeback!
Alternative for R6: (50 + 3) x (10 + 6) + 9

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests