Spoilers for Tuesday 1st May 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 80)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Ray Wilding
Devotee

Spoilers for Tuesday 1st May 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 80)

Post by Ray Wilding »

OUTLIVER in R13.
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 1st May 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 80)

Post by Ryan Lam »

Well done on Triple Wins now Toby! I have to say poor Colin...it was painful as a viewer to watch him suffer Round after Round with his invalid words, perhaps he was too distracted by your outfit (Please don't take offence! It really looked like those old Prisoner outfits I must say!)

Nevertheless, commiserations to him, well done on your MELANOUS spot!

On a sidenote, I would not have gotten INSOFAR in R10 had Gyles Brandreth not spotted this in November last year (In the episode with his sweater and his cheering that made me laugh until I went crazy...)
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Ryan Lam wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:05 pm Well done on Triple Wins now Toby! I have to say poor Colin...it was painful as a viewer to watch him suffer Round after Round with his invalid words, perhaps he was too distracted by your outfit (Please don't take offence! It really looked like those old Prisoner outfits I must say!)

Nevertheless, commiserations to him, well done on your MELANOUS spot!

On a sidenote, I would not have gotten INSOFAR in R10 had Gyles Brandreth not spotted this in November last year (In the episode with his sweater and his cheering that made me laugh until I went crazy...)
Thanks Ryan! Yeah, I did feel bad for him, especially when he was very close to REJOINED.

In R5, I remember seeing PODARGUS after the time, which would have been a good word to get as it was unpencilled on Apterous at the time of filming.

Also, Nick was supposed to go to Colin first in R8.

Btw, I hadn't actually noticed that about my shirt; it wasn't coincidental! :P
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Excellent stuff again from the teaser monster. Been operating at 89.6% of the max so far, and 30 maximums from 45 - so very impressive work :)
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:03 pm Excellent stuff again from the teaser monster. Been operating at 89.6% of the max so far, and 30 maximums from 45 - so very impressive work :)
Cheers Elliott! :)
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Ryan Lam wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 2:05 pm On a sidenote, I would not have gotten INSOFAR in R10 had Gyles Brandreth not spotted this in November last year (In the episode with his sweater and his cheering that made me laugh until I went crazy...)
I have a strange way of spotting INSOFAR too. I'm old enough to remember Trade Test Colour Films on BBC2 and there was one called SNOFARI. It's like a safari but on mountains!
It comes up quite a lot but isn't valid, however I know it rearranges into INSOFAR!