Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
Ray Wilding
Enthusiast
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Post by Ray Wilding » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:49 pm

MUCIGEL a beater in R13.

User avatar
Tony Atkins
Fanatic
Posts: 2119
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Post by Tony Atkins » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Anyone get in time Rachel's 356? (89x4)

Ryan Lam
Acolyte
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:10 am

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Post by Ryan Lam » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:00 pm

I initally thought R3 was going to be impossible until I realised I needed 14 x 70 for 980 to be near enough and voila...it was the closest anyone could get!

For R6, I only had 350...repeating numbers in all the rounds today...usually if there are two "10"s that would be enough to throw me off already unless the target is a nice one.

Alternative for R14 which uses both "10"s: ((25 - 10) x 10) + 3...and if you want all the numbers just multiply everything by 2 ÷ 2 for the sake of having some fun. :)

Just computed as well even if Mohsin had PRODUCER in R10, he would still have been beaten by Ed if that's some consolation for him...score would have went 79 - 82 in that case.

Martin Hurst
Acolyte
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:50 am

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Post by Martin Hurst » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:22 pm

The recent champion-swapping is certainly helping out Philip's quarter final prospects. Nearly half the series gone now, and just 3 people ahead of him. :)

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8229
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Martin Hurst wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:22 pm
The recent champion-swapping is certainly helping out Philip's quarter final prospects. Nearly half the series gone now, and just 3 people ahead of him. :)
I was thinking exactly the same. I'm hoping for number 7 seed rather than 8 so he can still potentially meet Zarte in the final.

Philip Wilson
Devotee
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Post by Philip Wilson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Tony Atkins wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:58 pm
Anyone get in time Rachel's 356? (89x4)
I saw it at the last moment so didn't have time to check it. 100-10-1 for the 89 and 10/2-1 for the 4.

Philip Wilson
Devotee
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Post by Philip Wilson » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:40 pm
Martin Hurst wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:22 pm
The recent champion-swapping is certainly helping out Philip's quarter final prospects. Nearly half the series gone now, and just 3 people ahead of him. :)
I was thinking exactly the same. I'm hoping for number 7 seed rather than 8 so he can still potentially meet Zarte in the final.
Spoilerifically assuming Zarte doesn't end up #2 seed then? :-)

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8229
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd March 2018 (Series 78, Prelim 53)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:10 am

Philip Wilson wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:40 pm
Martin Hurst wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:22 pm
The recent champion-swapping is certainly helping out Philip's quarter final prospects. Nearly half the series gone now, and just 3 people ahead of him. :)
I was thinking exactly the same. I'm hoping for number 7 seed rather than 8 so he can still potentially meet Zarte in the final.
Spoilerifically assuming Zarte doesn't end up #2 seed then? :-)
Yeah, I suppose it was a bit of an assumption. Not a spoiler though as I have no inside information!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests