Ongoing S78 thread, will contain SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Ongoing S78 thread, will contain SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tom S »

So have taken it upon myself to start the same thing which Martin did for the last series. I do have a bit of a lack of effort to pursue this throughout out the series, so if anyone volunteers to take over, I would be grateful :) The explanation of how this rolled has been explained here and the same thing applies for this series' analysis-www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12254
Tom S
Kiloposter

Re: Ongoing S78 thread, will contain SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tom S »

In fact, maybe someone should do so, because my calculation is rubbish. So will withdraw from doing this. I can assist with badged/medalled words, but anything calculation-wise has made me stop, after going wrong on Jacob's profile.....
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Minor curiosity, not intended to show favouritism toward either player: If Zarte beats Philip tomorrow, but Philip scores over 95 points, Philip will have the highest ever point total for a non-octochamp (despite the handicap of playing only 7 games and not 8)!
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Noel Mc
Enthusiast

Post by Noel Mc »

Also, if Philip gets beaten, but scores 103 or above, he will inherit the title of highest average score for a non octochamp, from Zarte. (I think)
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Noel Mc wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:52 pm Also, if Philip gets beaten, but scores 103 or above, he will inherit the title of highest average score for a non octochamp, from Zarte. (I think)
Yep, you're right there Noel, Zarte had an average of 109.33 recurring over his 6 games, and presently Philip stands on an average of 110.5 over his 6 games so would inherit that title. However, I'm hoping that he doesn't miss out on the finals if he loses, because he is a much better player than the two octochamps we've had so far....