Spoilers for Tuesday 30th January 2018.

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday 30th January 2018.

Post by Tom S »

Great play by Chris today, a worthy octo-champ, who definitely put in his best performance today (when it counted :) ), though it's fair to say he's faced some tough opposition, but a credit to himself is holding his nerve very well, something that would be a negative for many players. Nice to see a solid non-apterite grace the show. And Ryan was very likeable too, and agree with Nick's point which he made about him. Well done to Chris and I shall look forward to seeing him in June for the finals!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 30th January 2018.

Post by Gavin Chipper »

What were your scores against the contestants?
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm What were your scores against the contestants?
111-96 (Chris- crucial this time), 111-46 (Ryan).
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Tom S wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:43 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm What were your scores against the contestants?
111-96 (Chris- crucial this time), 111-46 (Ryan).
Very good, keep posting them :)
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

If you're going to encourage him to start posting his scores again (Personally not a fan, but not enough so that I was going to vocally try and stop him), can he (and anyone else) at least post a picture of their scorepad. It's far more interesting to see how people ACTUALLY did, rather than just some numbers that could be plucked out of the sky, and don't really show any strengths or weaknesses.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I agree that round by round would probably be more useful.

I also agree with Tom that this was probably Chris's best performance. Well, he beat me anyway!
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Zarte Siempre wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm If you're going to encourage him to start posting his scores again (Personally not a fan, but not enough so that I was going to vocally try and stop him), can he (and anyone else) at least post a picture of their scorepad. It's far more interesting to see how people ACTUALLY did, rather than just some numbers that could be plucked out of the sky, and don't really show any strengths or weaknesses.
I can do that if anyone is desperate (though I don't think so), but I can't be asked enough to do it each day.