Spoilers for Wednesday 6th December 2017 (Series 77, Prelim 110)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Ray Wilding
Devotee

Spoilers for Wednesday 6th December 2017 (Series 77, Prelim 110)

Post by Ray Wilding »

ROSSALIA or ROSALIAS for beaters in R4
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Re: Spoilers for Wednesday 6th December 2017 (Series 77, Prelim 110)

Post by Zarte Siempre »

...are we being trolled?

This is the first time for a while I've wanted to be really disparaging about the ability of a contestant... but she is, so far, bloody hopeless.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Zarte Siempre wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:37 pm ...are we being trolled?

This is the first time for a while I've wanted to be really disparaging about the ability of a contestant... but she is, so far, bloody hopeless.
I was going to say the same about both contestants yesterday. Though the winner got 90, it could easily have been about 30. Today he was actually quite good though.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

I second Gavin's comment about Phil's play today, definitely better than yesterday and he seems to be a nice chap, too. However, the odd letters round was on the weak side, yet thought his numbers were very solid, and nearly missed a couple of them, too. As for Emma, well, yep it was never to be, but it was nice to see some variety ( get what I did ;)) on the show.
My scores for today:
Me:118-82 (Phil)
Me:118-7(Emma) (STRESSY being the word which avoided her from getting Nul Points)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I'm guessing that Emma may have been the reserve contestant they needed to bring in after Bradley octoed and they needed an extra person for the session. Still, she quite narrowly escaped a single-digit score here.

Quite impressive play from Phil, who scored over 90% of the max. If he keeps playing like he has been, especially on the numbers, he may even make it into Series 78.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:14 pmI'm guessing that Emma may have been the reserve contestant they needed to bring in after Bradley octoed and they needed an extra person for the session. Still, she quite narrowly escaped a single-digit score here
Feasible I guess, but I would have thought that such a player would be in the last episode of the day.

If she was called in at short notice though, that would certainly be a mitigating factor. I mean, people who only get to play when they do because of people finishing an octorun are always shit ;)
Bradley Horrocks
Acolyte

Post by Bradley Horrocks »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:14 pm I'm guessing that Emma may have been the reserve contestant they needed to bring in after Bradley octoed and they needed an extra person for the session. Still, she quite narrowly escaped a single-digit score here.
I should be able to remember if she was in the green room or not, with her pink hair! A reserve contestant is usually local, unlike Emma.
Zarte Siempre wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm I mean, people who only get to play when they do because of people finishing an octorun are always shit ;)
Thanks mate ;)
"And PANTIES, thank you for that, that cheers us up enormously" - NH
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Bradley Horrocks wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:28 pm
Zarte Siempre wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm I mean, people who only get to play when they do because of people finishing an octorun are always shit ;)
Thanks mate ;)
Line thrown, little fishy bites ;D
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Had RAIOIDS as a R13 equaller, but when I tried to search for it, I couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me what it's listed under?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

RAJOID.

(I just took the S off RAIOIDS and did a search to find it.)
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Yes, she was rather hopeless.
"No, sorry, I'm lost"...too damn right you are: you're in the wrong studio.
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 pm RAJOID.

(I just took the S off RAIOIDS and did a search to find it.)
Ok, thanks mate.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

I know it's a bit late, but did anyone notice that Phil kept looking back and forth at the clock during the last 10 seconds of the conundrum?? Almost like he was waiting for a signal, or deliberately holding off to give Emma a chance :?: :?