Spoilers for Monday 2 October 2017 (Series 77, Prelim 64)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Monday 2 October 2017 (Series 77, Prelim 64)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

If Jon was impersonating The Donald in the GOURAMI round, he could have thrown in a line or two about strengthening the Cuban EMBARGO.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Monday 2 October 2017 (Series 77, Prelim 64)

Post by Ray Wilding »

Got the 3rd numbers during the break ((50-2)*5+25+3)*3
Zubair Patel
Rookie

Post by Zubair Patel »

The challenger's Andy Murray impersonation was pretty good too.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

Little bit of inside info about this game... Jacob was a last minute stand-in player. Someone by the name of Emily (not Cox! ;)) got cold feet and pulled out on the day. So fair play to him for stepping up.

Watching yourself back on TV is a bit cringey... but my first real face-palm moment came in this game. I fluffed the final numbers game, then had an awkward exchange with Rachel where I ended up saying "I need to be less dumb"... If I could turn back time and erase that entire exchange (and particularly that comment) I would.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

2nd numbers alt: ((9 + 7) x 8) + 100
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

L'oisleatch McGraw wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:29 pm Watching yourself back on TV is a bit cringey... but my first real face-palm moment came in this game. I fluffed the final numbers game, then had an awkward exchange with Rachel where I ended up saying "I need to be less dumb"... If I could turn back time and erase that entire exchange (and particularly that comment) I would.
What about your pronunciation of GIAOUR where you basically just made a noise? :lol:
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:55 pm What about your pronunciation of GIAOUR where you basically just made a noise? :lol:
That was the realisation of a long held fantasy!
Or possibly a genuine inability to pronounce it...?
One of those two.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

L'oisleatch McGraw wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:29 pm Little bit of inside info about this game... Jacob was a last minute stand-in player. Someone by the name of Emily (not Cox! ;)) got cold feet and pulled out on the day. So fair play to him for stepping up.
When Jacob was being introduced he told us what he was going to be doing next week. I expected Nick to ask what would happen if he was still playing. I guess not asking makes more sense now.