Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Zarte Siempre » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:18 pm

RADIX as a R1 beater.

(Don't think I've ever given a 5 as a beater before)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Ray Wilding
Acolyte
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Ray Wilding » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 pm

RAMIDUS in R1, WUXIA in R2

Sean Fletcher
Rookie
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Sean Fletcher » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:31 pm

9*9*(4+3)+10-4 for first numbers

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Zarte Siempre » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:34 pm

7 was not as good as it got, Susies. UNDERTIP/REUNITED in R8
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Johnny Canuck » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Great stuff Jeff -- were you fishing for PARAKEET in the OPERATE round? Commiserations to Lawrie on keeping it so close, too.

AGONALS as the word for which ANALOGS^ could be a falseagram.
There are three erors in this semtence.

Toby McDonald
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Toby McDonald » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Zarte Siempre wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:34 pm
7 was not as good as it got, Susies. UNDERTIP/REUNITED in R8
Yeah, I saw REUNITED and was very surprised no-one else noticed it. :)

Elliott Mellor
Acolyte
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:43 pm

PENITUDE as well in that round. Had AGONALS too as a beater.
Interesting decision not to gamble on the last nums by Lawrie...even if you aren't a strong numbers player it's surely in your best interests to gamble. Was surprised they both didn't get 897 though, though it must be hard in the studio.

Elliott Mellor
Acolyte
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:46 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:43 pm
Great stuff Jeff -- were you fishing for PARAKEET in the OPERATE round? Commiserations to Lawrie on keeping it so close, too.
I wondered that too.

Glad to see they aren't using ludicrously hard FIBREFILLesque conundrums for the finals, instead using ones that you might actually have a chance of getting even if you aren't an obsessive apterite. I'm on 2/2 solved so far, though I expect that percentage will change!

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Location: Dadford, Buckinghamshire

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Zarte Siempre » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Elliott Mellor wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:46 pm
Glad to see they aren't using ludicrously hard FIBREFILLesque conundrums for the finals
Whilst I agree with the principle, I actually got fibrefill...
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Elliott Mellor
Acolyte
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:46 am

Zarte Siempre wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 pm
Elliott Mellor wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:46 pm
Glad to see they aren't using ludicrously hard FIBREFILLesque conundrums for the finals
Whilst I agree with the principle, I actually got fibrefill...
Of course you would! I'm talking about us mere mortals having a chance :lol:

User avatar
L'oisleatch McGraw
Acolyte
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:46 am
Location: Waterford
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd June 2017 (Series 76, QF2)

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Elliott Mellor wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:46 am
Zarte Siempre wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 pm
Elliott Mellor wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:46 pm
Glad to see they aren't using ludicrously hard FIBREFILLesque conundrums for the finals
Whilst I agree with the principle, I actually got fibrefill...
Of course you would! I'm talking about us mere mortals having a chance :lol:
That modesty while cute, is misguided...
...you're as elite an Apterite as ever there was. In 6 month's time, you'll be whooping Zarte on a regular basis.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests