Spoilers for Tuesday 30 May 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 99)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday 30 May 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 99)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Superb performance by The Moose today as he edges out the highest score of the series and drops only 4 points from perfection (he easily beat me too). Unfortunately for him, I still just don't think it's likely that he's going to make #1 seed for the series, as Nick apparently hoped he would do.....

Compact Final Numbers Alt.: 2 * 3 * 5 * 6

FRAILEST (again) as an alternative in the FLAKIEST round.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 30 May 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 99)

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 2:21 pm I still just don't think it's likely that he's going to make #1 seed for the series, as Nick apparently hoped he would do.....
It's almost like Nick doesn't know how the seeding works. But anyway, Moose has really taken off in the last few games. I think he was a little bit lucky today in that all the numbers games were easy, because that is a definite weak point for him.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 2:37 pm It's almost like Nick doesn't know how the seeding works
In fairness, he probably just hasn't been told about that rule amendment yet - it was only changed in 1983.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

You could tell how apologetic Moose felt towards the end of the game today, it was becoming a little bit embarrassing for the challenger. Particularly in the HUNTED/HAUNTED round Moose seemed really sorry. I also wondered whether Moose deliberately didn't declare an 8 in the ANOINTER/REANOINT round to let the other guy have some points, it seemed that way when Moose declared, though admittedly that might just be my brain looking for things that aren't there.

Superb performance by Moose today anyway. Can't help but feel he could have a much higher points total though if he didn't strangle all the rounds with 6 consonants. He's the best natural spotter I've seen. Though the fact he doesn't appear to know some of the apterite words as I call them might trouble him in the finals.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 4:38 pmI also wondered whether Moose deliberately didn't declare an 8 in the ANOINTER/REANOINT round to let the other guy have some points, it seemed that way when Moose declared, though admittedly that might just be my brain looking for things that aren't there.
Same thought process I went through.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...