Spoilers for Tuesday 16th May.

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Spoilers for Tuesday 16th May.

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Congrats to Stephen on becoming an octochamp, a member of the 900 club and also the all centuries club :D

Think TRILOGUES was there in the OUTLIERS round.

Shame you had to suffer the most boring dictionary guest I've ever witnessed for the last part of your run. Gives the impression he'd rather be elsewhere.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 16th May.

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Many congrats Stephen on becoming an octochamp, a superb set of games there. :)
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

He must be fairly high up on the max % and number of maxes list...he hardly missed a thing!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Yeah, very good run. Nicely over the 900 mark. Obviously 1000 would have taken a fair bit of good fortune as well as good play, but blame Eoin for spreading the thought around the forum.

Edit - I think the max was only 1021 anyway, so not conducive to a 1000 score!
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 6:21 pm Congrats to Stephen on becoming an octochamp, a member of the 900 club and also the all centuries club :D

Shame you had to suffer the most boring dictionary guest I've ever witnessed for the last part of your run. Gives the impression he'd rather be elsewhere.
Couldn't agree more, I don't think he contributed to a single game. I thought he might have had a prod from behind after the first "day" but it appears not. I hope he isn't invited back.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Ian Fitzpatrick wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 am
Elliott Mellor wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 6:21 pm Congrats to Stephen on becoming an octochamp, a member of the 900 club and also the all centuries club :D

Couldn't agree more, I don't think he contributed to a single game. I thought he might have had a prod from behind after the first "day" but it appears not. I hope he isn't invited back.
I doubt he will be, waste of time and money. Rarely found anything longer than a 5 letter word and just sat there looking glum. Zero personality whatsoever. The good thing is I record it (or rather get my mum too!) and so don't have to suffer any dull anecdotes as I can fast forward them. Still makes for uncomfortable viewing when Nick turns to dictionary corner and asks what else was available though.