Spoilers for Tuesday 28 March 2017

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Spoilers for Tuesday 28 March 2017

Post by Tony Atkins »

A few beaters about today and a very high possible max score.

ADJIGOS was my beater in the GOATS round.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
John Garcia
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 28 March 2017

Post by John Garcia »

Anyone know why Rachel was giggling uncontrollably in the last letters round?
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

WAGGONERS must be one of the least probable 9s ever spotted. Kudos to both. But predominantly Jeff.

ADJIGOS as a beater in the round where Rachel was giggling uncontrollably.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Post by Ray Wilding »

Looks like JC forgot to overwrite the solution copy-pasted from the previous episode.

There are only 4 solutions:
(50 - 4) * 6 * 2 - 8 - 7 = 537
(50 - 6) * (8 + 4) + 7 + 2 = 537
(50 * 7 + 8) * 6 / 4 = 537
(50 * 6 + 8) * 7 / 4 - 2 = 537

I'm guessing it was one of the first two, and I think it was probably the first.

Edit: Also this was the wrong spoiler thread, you wanted April 3rd: http://www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12078
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Ray Wilding wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:35 am Looks like JC forgot to overwrite the solution copy-pasted from the previous episode.
This is indeed what happened; thanks are due to Jen for snagging the discrepancy. Not sure what else I can do to guarantee 100% accuracy and immediate availability of recaps upon completion of their broadcast, but I have now started noting the contestants' solutions in duplicate, both on the wiki and in an offline document. The first solution looks most plausible, but I'll leave the question marks on the wiki for now until/unless someone has a transcribed copy.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.