Spoilers for Monday 6th February 2017

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers for Monday 6th February 2017

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Elliott Mack's eighth game, so he will retire one way or another today.

I've quite enjoyed watching Elliott's games, partly because it seems to mean the world to him when he wins, puffing out in relief whenever he wins a close game. But also his reaction to basically any letter other than an E, S or T coming out as if it's the worst thing in the world.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Monday 6th February 2017

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Congrats Elliott!

Alternate final numbers: 75 * 8 + 25 - 6 + 100 / 50
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

A fine accolade in solving all 8 conundrums, with terrific speed too!
Well done Elliott Mack!
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Did Tony call 4 large a "Stelling Selection"? Not sure I've heard that term before, nor can I think of what connections 4L in particular has to Jeff.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:14 pm Did Tony call 4 large a "Stelling Selection"? Not sure I've heard that term before, nor can I think of what connections 4L in particular has to Jeff.
I wondered about that too, and thought maybe I'd just forgotten.

By the way, I got the numbers your way and Rachel's (late) way within the time, so I think that's the first time I've beaten Rachel twice in a single numbers game. I was surprised she didn't get it actually. More than one large and a target around 625 and multiplying up is always an obvious avenue to explore. And if you don't notice that, the 75*8 solution was fairly obvious anyway. Still, Rachel's normally pretty good and I'm happy to get the double beater!
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

I liked the camera man's reaction to the CAMERAMAN tea time teaser :)
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:21 pm
Johnny Canuck wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:14 pm Did Tony call 4 large a "Stelling Selection"? Not sure I've heard that term before, nor can I think of what connections 4L in particular has to Jeff.
I wondered about that too, and thought maybe I'd just forgotten.
The Jeff connection with 4L is it's the same as "too" small :-)