Spoilers For Monday August 22nd 2016

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday August 22nd 2016

Post by James Robinson »

So, it's the start of a full week of Countdown, and appropriately, we're back to square one.

Thanks to Annie Humphries' octochamp run, we'll have 2 new challengers today. 8-)

We also have a new guest in Dictionary Corner today, and with the Olympics just finished and the Paralympics just around the corner, we have the multi-gold medal winning Paralympian Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson making her debut this week.

Join Sean for the recap later. ;) :) :D
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday August 22nd 2016

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It appeared, based on his introduction as a Navy commander stationed in Belgium, that Nick Meredith was not residing in the UK at the time he filmed. Is just having addresses in both countries enough to qualify now?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote:It appeared, based on his introduction as a Navy commander stationed in Belgium, that Nick Meredith was not residing in the UK at the time he filmed. Is just having addresses in both countries enough to qualify now?
Was Richard Brittain based in Belgium when he was on?

Do you have an address in both countries (but Canada rather than Belgium for the non-UK one obviously)?
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Do you have an address in both countries (but Canada rather than Belgium for the non-UK one obviously)?
Not at the moment; I was merely curious as it seems that current, not past or future, residency is all that counts.
Gavin Chipper wrote:Was Richard Brittain based in Belgium when he was on?
Was there evidence to suggest he was? I thought his whole epic pilgrimage of the ages that he later chickened out of all happened after he was done with Countdown.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Was Richard Brittain based in Belgium when he was on?
Was there evidence to suggest he was? I thought his whole epic pilgrimage of the ages that he later chickened out of all happened after he was done with Countdown.
I think it got mentioned in his CoC game, but probably not his series.