20th-26th July shows - SPOILERS

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

20th-26th July shows - SPOILERS

Post by Martin Hurst »

A stellar line-up amongst the next few episodes – today’s challenger is Aidan Linge, so it will be an all-Apterous clash against 6-time champion Stephen Fuller.

In the challenger’s chair early next week (Monday I believe) is the son of series 40 runner-up Glynn Leaney, and the rumours are there is another very highly-rated Apterite and potentially one of the favourites for the series airing shortly after (on Tuesday I believe)……… :o
Last edited by Martin Hurst on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: 20th-26th July shows

Post by Ian Volante »

Spoiler...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

Post by Martin Hurst »

Is saying who is coming up on future shows as non-Champions a spoiler? Apologies if it is :(
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I had no idea Stephen Fuller had won 6, although saying that, the recaps don't seem to have caught up yet, so I wouldn't have found that out for a while anyway.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

To be fair, if you haven't seen the previous shows and don't want to know what happens, why read the post in the Spoilers forum called "20th-26th July shows"?
Last edited by Graeme Cole on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

Re: 20th-26th July shows - SPOILERS

Post by Martin Hurst »

I've changes the title anyway - apologies for breaking etiquette :(
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

I'm not sure you've done anything wrong really. The only things too spoilerific for the Spoilers forum are results or partial results of games that haven't been shown yet, or any information from which that could be inferred. In my opinion, saying "John Smith is going on next week" should be fine.
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

I think formatting it this way is quite good, would be good to have it for the weeks shows at the start if we know of any apterites coming up. Just needs to be carefully worded.
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Graeme Cole wrote:To be fair, if you haven't seen the previous shows and don't want to know what happens, why read the post in the Spoilers forum called "20th-26th July shows"?
I'm a borderline troll, probably. Plus I can't help but read threads that are in my unread list, but aren't spoiler threads.
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

Third numbers July 21 alt:

(50 + (8/2)) x 8
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

July 21st Fourth numbers alt.: (25-6)x(10+6)x3
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Martin Hurst wrote:clipped: In the challenger’s chair early next week (Monday I believe) is the son of series 40 runner-up Glynn Leaney, and the rumours are there is another very highly-rated Apterite and potentially one of the favourites for the series airing shortly after (on Tuesday I believe)……… :o
I believe just one Countdown is scheduled for next week. Goodwood to blame.

Mauro
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Guys - don't use this thread for individual games' spoilers. They should still have separate threads or it will get ridiculous. This is just a general discussion about contestants coming up.