Spoilers for Thursday 26 May 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 76)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday 26 May 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 76)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Utmost kudos to the RIGHTEOUS Robin McKay on his seventh victory today. Until very near the end it was looking like he was going to be shutting his opponent into yet another record low score for a male new 15-rounder contestant. The leaderboard looks like it might be veeerrrry close between Robin and Ann Dibben... if Robin wins tomorrow with 107 points and the conundrum, he ties Ann on BOTH number of points and conundrums solved.

Simpler 1st Numbers Alt.: (4 * 5 + 10 / 5) * 8.

NAUPLII as a nice alt to PAINFUL.

Post Script: Sean Cooke also confirms a finals place today, as there are no longer enough heats left in the series for 2 people to surpass him without carrying over.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 26 May 2016 (Series 74, Prelim 76)

Post by Tony Atkins »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Simpler 1st Numbers Alt.: (4 * 5 + 10 / 5) * 8.
Or to finish off Robin's method .... ((5x5)-4)=21
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Rob McKay
Rookie

Post by Rob McKay »

Thank you Johnny, top, top bloke.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

You're quite welcome. Oh, the one other thing was I was slightly surprised you didn't try to fish for a final A in R1 (and it would have been there), but what you found with the final consonant turned out to be even more impressive.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Rob McKay
Rookie

Post by Rob McKay »

Hi Johnny

What I normally do is just select 5 consonants and 4 vowels and let fate takes its course. Just the way my mind works.

Best,
Rob
Paul Erdunast
Series 74 Champion

Post by Paul Erdunast »

I believe this breaks the record for the longest period that anyone has stayed on 0 for?
Rob McKay
Rookie

Post by Rob McKay »

The thing is, when people blank you afterward, or seemingly so, you feel like the bad guy so I had a word with Amanda and she said I did nothing wrong, but there was definitely a feeling of being ignored. At the end of the day, it is just a game but I can understand how people may feel disappointed.