Spoilers For Monday March 21st 2016

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday March 21st 2016

Post by James Robinson »

So, after a week's break thanks to the horse racing, there's nothing better than having a full week of Countdown to lift the spirits.

Unfortunately, we've got more horse racing on Friday, so basically it's a role reversal of last week this week....

But, we do have a possible octochamp in the making with Conrad Teixeira on 5 wins and he'll be hoping that he can obtain the remaining 3 wins he needs this week to become the 3rd octochamp of the series.

We have Olympic swimmer Mark Foster in DC all week.

Now that the recap writer is fixed, you can join Sean later for the delights of the day. ;) :) :D
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday March 21st 2016

Post by Johnny Canuck »

For days when horse racing happens, Countdown programmes aren't even recorded at all, right? Or are there still 5-6 programmes in every recording session and are the extras just pushed to the following week?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Thomas Cappleman
Series 72 Champion

Post by Thomas Cappleman »

They get pushed to the following week, which leads to Nick getting even more confused as to what day it's meant to be. A lot of the time the first show on a filming day isn't a Monday.
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Post by Ray Wilding »

MISVALUED in R1
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I wonder how much sleep Conrad had overnight? I suspect none (I didn't get any). The 21:00 finish followed by 09:15 start
the next day is really a killer and he did well to struggle through to win, despite all the yawning and head holding.

Colin Murray's 5 shows were recorded on Sunday 21st February and I see this is a six-show day again, like when Julia Bradbury was in. Will it be 6 shows for the series or five with a special?
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:Colin Murray's 5 shows were recorded on Sunday 21st February and I see this is a six-show day again, like when Julia Bradbury was in. Will it be 6 shows for the series or five with a special?
6 for the series. I was there. :)
JJ Smith
Rookie

Post by JJ Smith »

Tony Atkins wrote:I wonder how much sleep Conrad had overnight? I suspect none (I didn't get any). The 21:00 finish followed by 09:15 start
the next day is really a killer and he did well to struggle through to win, despite all the yawning and head holding.
What do you mean? I had a whole week's break from the racing ;)

I woke up at 5 or something and couldn't get back to sleep. I did get about 6 hours still, but the first day of recording was quite exhausting. When I got up I felt sick from nerves again and I couldn't eat until after tomorrow's game.

I don't really feel good about any of these rounds, if I played this game now I would have scored about 17 points more. This is another guy who could have beaten me if he had just practiced a little more. Just a few rounds in it.

On the Colin Murray recording day, Nick did some piece to the camera about the countdown clock in between episodes. I missed it because I was getting ready. Not really sure what it was for, I thought it would be on last week's episodes but it wasn't.
Zubair Patel
Rookie

Post by Zubair Patel »

JJ Smith wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:I wonder how much sleep Conrad had overnight? I suspect none (I didn't get any). The 21:00 finish followed by 09:15 start
What do you mean? I had a whole week's break from the racing ;)

I woke up at 5 or something and couldn't get back to sleep. I did get about 6 hours still, but the first day of recording was quite exhausting. When I got up I felt sick from nerves again and I couldn't eat until after tomorrow's game.

I don't really feel good about any of these rounds, if I played this game now I would have scored about 17 points more. This is another guy who could have beaten me if he had just practiced a little more. Just a few rounds in it.

On the Colin Murray recording day, Nick did some piece to the camera about the countdown clock in between episodes. I missed it because I was getting ready. Not really sure what it was for, I thought it would be on last week's episodes but it wasn't.
It was an explanation of why the Countdown clock has a full face even though only half of it is used. Something to do with the French version having rounds which last 45 second.