Spoilers for Friday 5th February 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 10)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Spoilers for Friday 5th February 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 10)

Post by Steven M. McCann »

Surely that first numbers game should have been disallowed.
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Friday 5th February 2016 (Series 74 Prelum 10)

Post by Philip Wilson »

He should have got 5 points for the second numbers game too for being 9 away!
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Good classic car name spelt out in the selection in Round 4. Anyone remember the Datsun?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Good classic car name spelt out in the selection in Round 4. Anyone remember the Datsun?
I do, especially the Datsun Sunny. They were rubbish, which is why you don't see many of them around anymore. Didn't they turn into Nissan at some point?
Edward Byrne
Rookie

Post by Edward Byrne »

Last edited by Edward Byrne on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Edward Byrne wrote:David's attitude with the numbers today was awful also, it was like he was not even trying.
IMO, declaring nothing on the numbers game is still better than trying to fudge your solution three or four times, as Steve did.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Edward Byrne wrote:David's attitude with the numbers today was awful also, it was like he was not even trying.
IMO, declaring nothing on the numbers game is still better than trying to fudge your solution three or four times, as Steve did.
He also got a decent 193 yesterday even if he thought 77×7 was 777 today.

I was amused by Steve's selections - "I'd love to see a vowel" etc.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I was amused by Steve's selections - "I'd love to see a vowel" etc.
The best one was his numbers selection in Round 14: "I'd love to see two big ones, please, Rachel."
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Edward Byrne wrote:The contestants were so awful today that I would have broken a record, beating Steve 126-11, a winning gap of 115 points, the current record being 112. Honestly how do such weak players get on the show. David's attitude with the numbers today was awful also, it was like he was not even trying. Let's hope the standard improves soon!
You are Steven M McCann, and I claim my five pounds.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Friday 5th February 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 10)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Both of today's contestants had two first names. Weird.
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Friday 5th February 2016 (Series 74 Prelim 10)

Post by Steven M. McCann »

Very good Graeme, I'm a lot more tolerant these days and although I agree with a lot of what Edward Byrne posted, I'm happy to accept that both players were trying their best.
Maybe a 5 point deduction for players who don't even attempt a numbers solve might force one or two to try a little bit harder!