Spoilers For Monday March 2nd 2015

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday March 2nd 2015

Post by James Robinson »

So, after a brilliant time in Bristol (big congrats again to David Barnard), it's now time to march into March. :P

But, in the TV world, we have someone who could emulate David this week, in the sense of becoming an octochamp.

Our very own Jordan "Nadroj Rekrab" Barker has 4 wins under his belt so far, so 4 more this week will make him the 4th octochamp of the series in early March :!: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

In DC this week, is veteran poet Pam Ayres.

Join Andy for the recap later. ;) :) :D
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers For Monday March 2nd 2015

Post by Tony Atkins »

Oddly in the COINERS round where DC's answers got cut out, there were lots of 8s and a 9 beater (I got INCOMERS).

Nice to see Rachel working hard too.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

Alt 3rd numbers: (50+10+7)x(10+4)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

MICRONISE in round 12 (and ISOMERIC)? Can't think where I got that from...

Also, PLUMAGES in round 2? No way of making an objective decision. (Search thing finds it, but that's been discredited.) Different birds can have different plumages. It was allowed here. Does the dictionary say anything different that would change that now?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Also, PLUMAGES in round 2? No way of making an objective decision. (Search thing finds it, but that's been discredited.) Different birds can have different plumages. It was allowed here. Does the dictionary say anything different that would change that now?
I was thinking that, but that match was pre-ODO, and the ODO says just mass noun, so let all hell break loose!!

FUGATOS in round 4, REIMPORT in round 10 and OSTERIAS in round 13.

2nd Numbers Alt.: (((2 + 3) x 50) + 25 - 8) x 2 = 534
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

The conundrum scramble was probably meant to suggest "RUBEN'S HAT". Did anyone else read it as something else at first?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote:The conundrum scramble was probably meant to suggest "RUBEN'S HAT". Did anyone else read it as something else at first?
Not me but I got the answer as soon as Jordan said HEATBURNS because it's been a scramble before!
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

James Robinson wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Also, PLUMAGES in round 2? No way of making an objective decision. (Search thing finds it, but that's been discredited.) Different birds can have different plumages. It was allowed here. Does the dictionary say anything different that would change that now?
I was thinking that, but that match was pre-ODO, and the ODO says just mass noun, so let all hell break loose!!
Pretty sure it just said mass noun in ODE3 too. Can remember that being a point of discussion at the time.
Andy McGurn
Enthusiast

Post by Andy McGurn »

Johnny Canuck wrote:The conundrum scramble was probably meant to suggest "RUBEN'S HAT". Did anyone else read it as something else at first?
Yes