Spoilers For Monday April 28th 2014

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday April 28th 2014

Post by James Robinson »

So, after our extended weekend, it's almost amazing to think that the finals for this series start in just a month and a half's time, but that's the way it is.

4 players have already booked their places there, that's Mark Murray, Andy Naylor, Bobby Banerjee & Priscilla Munday. Will anyone this week enter the fray :?: :?:

Back after his nailbiting win over Ben Clark on Thursday, is Scrabbler Neil Green, who provided some brilliant words, as well as the seemingly usual Scrabbler traits of CSW words and virtual lack of a maths brain, but he does seem more than able to make a match more often than many a contestant, so he's still definitely one to watch, but will he still be champion by the end of the day :?: :?:

Arlene Phillips continues in DC for today and tomorrow, before one of Rachel's Strictly pals, the Ryder Cup legend, Tony Jacklin, takes over on Wednesday.

Andy will be ready to recap later. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Bradley Cates
Acolyte

Re: Spoilers For Monday April 28th 2014

Post by Bradley Cates »

1st numbers: (((9x8)-6)x8)+25
Sfumato soup
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Bradley Cates wrote:1st numbers: (((9x8)-6)x8)+25
or ((9x8)+1)x8-25-6
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

ZANIER-CSW in R4
CO-MSO every August
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

POSTLUDE as alt to SOLITUDE in R7.
CO-MSO every August
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I have only just spotted today that the numbers layout in the tray has changed - not sure how long it is had 7 in the bottom row. Presumably this is to stop the likes of Roger Edwards asking for "any 6 of your choice from the bottom row".
CO-MSO every August
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Oddly I did 26x9 as well - but if you make the 26 from 25+5-4 yyou have 7-5 left to add on.
CO-MSO every August
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Tony Atkins wrote:Oddly I did 26x9 as well - but if you make the 26 from 25+5-4 yyou have 7-5 left to add on.
Wasteful method though. You only add before you multiply if it gets you closer in terms of numbers needed to make the target, not merely in terms of arithmetical distance.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

He is very good on the letters. I could see him making the semi-final or final before maybe losing to a numbers expert.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Tony Atkins wrote:I have only just spotted today that the numbers layout in the tray has changed - not sure how long it is had 7 in the bottom row. Presumably this is to stop the likes of Roger Edwards asking for "any 6 of your choice from the bottom row".
Erm, it has always had 7 in the bottom row, Tony. :P

It's always the 4 large on the top row, obviously. Then 6 on the next row and then 7 on the bottom 2 rows................

Glyn is a returner having lost in Series 19 in 1991, when Ernie Wise made his début in DC. I'd quite like to see the conundrum used in this game used on the show again.............: http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_951

TONSURED in round 1, WINCERS in round 4, REARMOST in round 5 and LASSOED in round 11.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

James Robinson wrote:I'd quite like to see the conundrum used in this game used on the show again.............: http://wiki.apterous.org/Episode_951
Indeed, 'tis about time the production team legalized its use.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

James Robinson wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:I have only just spotted today that the numbers layout in the tray has changed - not sure how long it is had 7 in the bottom row. Presumably this is to stop the likes of Roger Edwards asking for "any 6 of your choice from the bottom row".
Erm, it has always had 7 in the bottom row, Tony. :P

It's always the 4 large on the top row, obviously. Then 6 on the next row and then 7 on the bottom 2 rows................
No sorry James - look at http://www.kisekigo.com/cd/sixinbottomrow.jpg which is Rachel about to pick Rogers
any six from the bottom row!
CO-MSO every August