Spoilers for Friday January 24th 2014 (S70 P15)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday January 24th 2014 (S70 P15)

Post by Jordan F »

As we wrap up the week, Priscilla Munday has found her rhythm, getting three wins and improving each time. Can she get a fourth today? She does face a challenge today in apterite Sam Hodkin. He's made an effort recently to improve, perhaps knowing that this would be coming. Did the effort pay off? Let's see.

Join Anthony for the recap later.
Bradley Cates
Acolyte

Re: Spoilers for Friday January 24th 2014 (S70 P15)

Post by Bradley Cates »

Alt 1st numbers: ((7x5)-10)x25-(9-8)
Sfumato soup
Bradley Cates
Acolyte

Post by Bradley Cates »

OESTRIOL in R4
Sfumato soup
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

What on earth was Sam on about in the 2nd numbers round?
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

I didn't like the way Sam told Rachel off for short-cutting the writing of his solution.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Called SIMONIZED after five letters had come out. Compelled to boast about this in the spoiler thread. 8-)
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Graeme Cole wrote:Called SIMONIZED after five letters had come out. Compelled to boast about this in the spoiler thread. 8-)
Well done - they only time I called out was when my browser decided to close the window during the ignorers round!
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Tony Atkins wrote:I didn't like the way Sam told Rachel off for short-cutting the writing of his solution.
I was embarrassed watching from home but then I do get embarrassed easily! Rachel was actually ahead of him, however, the challenger did look socially awkward so these things have to be wiped under the carpet....plus it's probably his first time on TV so he was probably nervous.

I was impressed with the dictionary corner guest today (first show I've seen in a while)...seemed to know what he was talking about confidently, e.g. the FURCATION conversation.
Sam Hodkin

Post by Sam Hodkin »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:I didn't like the way Sam told Rachel off for short-cutting the writing of his solution.
I was embarrassed watching from home but then I do get embarrassed easily! Rachel was actually ahead of him, however, the challenger did look socially awkward so these things have to be wiped under the carpet....plus it's probably his first time on TV so he was probably nervous.

I was impressed with the dictionary corner guest today (first show I've seen in a while)...seemed to know what he was talking about confidently, e.g. the FURCATION conversation.
Not my debut on TV, 1001 back in 2012 was my first appearance in front of the cameras. Nerves were setting in around that numbers round as well. I did apologise to Rachel post-recording, I was just flustered and all.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I was in two minds today as I have been rooting for Priscilla for a while now, and I just wanted it to come down to a crucial! Unlucky Sam - I presume nerves got the better of you, as I managed to beat you from my sofa, something which I don't normally do when I play you.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Clive Brooker
Devotee

Post by Clive Brooker »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
... Rachel was actually ahead of him
I thought Rachel was well out of order and I'm glad Sam picked her up on it. When he said "8+7", I don't think he'd given any indication that he wanted it added to the 100+25, however inevitable it may have seemed that this is what he would do eventually.
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Thought there may have been a superlative 9 in the oestriol + D round, but you obviously can't have more saliva running down your face than everyone else does ;)
Sam Hodkin

Post by Sam Hodkin »

Clive Brooker wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
... Rachel was actually ahead of him
I thought Rachel was well out of order and I'm glad Sam picked her up on it. When he said "8+7", I don't think he'd given any indication that he wanted it added to the 100+25, however inevitable it may have seemed that this is what he would do eventually.
Was next up on my calculations, just got caught a little off guard by Rachel thinking one move ahead.