Spoilers - Monday 20th October

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Michael Simmonds
Rookie

Spoilers - Monday 20th October

Post by Michael Simmonds »

R10-2nd Numbers:- 6 x 8 -3 = 45 + 75 =120 x 7 +9.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers - Monday 20th October

Post by Joseph Bolas »

AVOIDED?
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

Another solution to 2nd numbers game

((7 x 3) + 8) x 6 = 174; 75 x 9 = 675; 174 + 675 = 849.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Wahey, my first time watching Charlie live, great stuff again.

I don't have Countmax on this computer to verify these, but I think BIOFUELS (maybe what Charlie was thinking of?) and ROSEFISH are OK, as well as AVOIDED.

Also surprised myself by doing ((9-7)*75-8)*6-3 in time for the numbers, although slightly less impressively failed on the third numbers.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Well done again, Charlie. Half way there now. :)

And I managed to beat you on a letters round - never thought I'd manage that. Didn't manage DC's DICTATOR, but did manage to beat both you and your opponent with AUDITOR.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Paul Howe wrote:I don't have Countmax on this computer to verify these, but I think BIOFUELS (maybe what Charlie was thinking of?) and ROSEFISH are OK, as well as AVOIDED.
Both ok, Paul.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Paul Howe wrote:Wahey, my first time watching Charlie live, great stuff again.

I don't have Countmax on this computer to verify these, but I think BIOFUELS (maybe what Charlie was thinking of?) and ROSEFISH are OK, as well as AVOIDED.

Also surprised myself by doing ((9-7)*75-8)*6-3 in time for the numbers, although slightly less impressively failed on the third numbers.
All three of those are OK - I got AVOIDED but not the other two. MEGABITS was a cracker as well, although you didn't go for it, I was still impressed. You missed a little bit more than you did in the first two games but of course I only watch one game a day and you have to play 4 games in about 8 hours.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
jeff wharton
Rookie

Post by jeff wharton »

I actually beat Charlie on acouple of rounds.I got lancers for seven when Charlie scored six.
Also got closer on 2nd numbers game,target 849 I managed 848.
I saw avoided and fissure on another round.Neither were mentioned in D.C.
Nearly forgot.I managed to solve the conundrum as Charlie buzzed.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Paul Howe wrote:I don't have Countmax on this computer to verify these, but I think BIOFUELS (maybe what Charlie was thinking of?) and ROSEFISH are OK, as well as AVOIDED.
Yes. In fact he was asked and mentioned BIOFUELS, which was given the hypothetical green light by Susie, but it was edited out much to Becks' chagrin.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Howard Somerset wrote:And I managed to beat you on a letters round - never thought I'd manage that. Didn't manage DC's DICTATOR, but did manage to beat both you and your opponent with AUDITOR.
That really was bad, DICTATOR would've been a decent spot but to miss CAROTID when it was right there in the first 7 letters is just unforgivable. I plead tiredness but maybe it was just ineptitude.
John Douglas
Acolyte

Post by John Douglas »

R5, alt.: (25 + 6) x (8 + 2) + 7 - 2 = 315. (I got it in time, but I waited to check the recap that there really were two '2s'.)
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

DEMIGOD, round 11.Missed ZONULES though.
Debbi Flack
Acolyte

Post by Debbi Flack »

This was my best performance against Charlie (the others have been too embarrassing to mention :oops: ) but I would only just have pipped him at the post. I'm aware this is from the comfort of my own armchair and I hadn't just played 4 games in a row but hey, i'll take glory wherever I can find it these days! :)
She came, she saw - oh well, at least she tried!
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Congratulations, Charlie - another century! :)

I managed to outscore your opponent in this game, and wasn't definitely defeated against your scoring till round 14.
Again, easier sat at home with no pressure, as Debbie says.The conundrum was a fairly easy spot, but I wasn't as quick as you.

I got CAROTID in round 6, and got closer than contestants in the numbers round 10.
I was pleased with myself to have also spotted DIPTERAN in round 7, which is rather above my usual level.
Maybe I haven't reached my best level yet, which is great to know that there may be room for improvement.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli