Spoilers for Friday 21 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 74)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Devotee
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Spoilers for Friday 21 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 74)

Post by Johnny Canuck » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Could have popped an extra letter into Carl's word for ADJOINTS. Slightly surprised nobody spotted this.
There are three erors in this semtence.

David Williams
Devotee
Posts: 917
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 21 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 74)

Post by David Williams » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:05 pm

It's one of those words that is always a blind spot for me. I saw it, probably wouldn't have risked the S. But it's perfectly valid.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7798
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 21 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 74)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:31 am

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm
Could have popped an extra letter into Carl's word for ADJOINTS. Slightly surprised nobody spotted this.
I'm not.

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Devotee
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Friday 21 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 74)

Post by Johnny Canuck » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:31 am
Johnny Canuck wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm
Could have popped an extra letter into Carl's word for ADJOINTS. Slightly surprised nobody spotted this.
I'm not.
That's great.
There are three erors in this semtence.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7798
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 21 April 2017 (Series 76, Prelim 74)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:57 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:31 am
Johnny Canuck wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm
Could have popped an extra letter into Carl's word for ADJOINTS. Slightly surprised nobody spotted this.
I'm not.
That's great.
There was a point to what I said though - that you can't expect DC to follow through on what's been spotted. So if there's a word that gets offered without an S on the end and there's an S in the selection, and DC don't say anything, you can't take that to imply anything, so you still have to look it up yourself if you're not sure.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests