Countdowners on Other (non-quiz) Shows

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Countdowners on Other (non-quiz) Shows

Post by Karen Pearson »

Apologies if there's already a topic for this.

Our very own Anglo Italian will be on BBC4 on Thursday evening at 9pm in a show called Timeshift. And, before you double-check, it IS the programme about wrestling.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Re: Countdowners on Other (non-quiz) Shows

Post by Fred Mumford »

Currently on BBC3 is England's Worst Ever Football Team, featuring the contributions of Series 69 octochamp and finalist Jonathan Liew.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Neil Zussman was mentioned and briefly interviewed towards the end of today's six o'clock news on Radio 4. He's representing Britain at the World Sudoku Championships in Croydon.
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Countdown had a mention this morning on BBC Breakfast because it's now the quiz with the most number of editions. They showed a still pic with Nick and Rachel and another of a round being played - sorry didn't have chance to see who the contestants were as I had the red button on half the screen! The Breakfast presenters talked about whether they could see what [word] was there.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Dylan Taylor was on the panel on Question Time today.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Lol, I can see how you made that mistake, but I think you'll find that's actually David Dimbleby.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Fred Mumford wrote:Lol, I can see how you made that mistake, but I think you'll find that's actually David Dimbleby.
Early contender for comment of the year.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Just seen James Robinson of this parish on Points of View commenting on the Code
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Marc Meakin wrote:Just seen James Robinson of this parish on Points of View commenting on the Code
Indeedy do, also happens to be the second time I've appeared on a show with Jeremy Vine this year. :P
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

James Robinson wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote:Just seen James Robinson of this parish on Points of View commenting on the Code
Indeedy do, also happens to be the second time I've appeared on a show with Jeremy Vine this year. :P
I think you should phone his Radio 2 show to complain about the cancellation of episodes of Countdown, like when there's racing and cricket on.

In fact, if you can do this, I will personally give you five pounds in cash sterling.

And if you can get Dale Aston from Pontypridd to come on and argue with you, I'll double that amount, although there is the risk that I may have expired from hysterical laughter prior to my being able to hand over the aforementioned cash.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I watched the Question Time debate (iPlayer link) between Jeremy Corbyn and Owen Smith, and who should appear at 49:14? It's none other than series 47 champion, Chris Wills!
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I watched the Question Time debate (iPlayer link) between Jeremy Corbyn and Owen Smith, and who should appear at 49:14? It's none other than series 47 champion, Chris Wills!
Nice spot! He's been active within the Labour Party for a few years now, so I guess it makes sense that he was there. Didn't look very happy though, did he? Then again - unless he's undergone some sort of Damascene conversion - as an Owen Smith supporter, he has very little to be happy about. I wonder what he was going to ask, though?
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives my with two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

James Robinson wrote:
I just spotted you on The Jeremy Kyle show :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Brett Davids
Rookie

Post by Brett Davids »

Zarte Siempre, or an astonishingly unlikely namesake, can be heard giving the "listener question" on the 14th January edition of Radio Five Live's Fighting Talk.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Brett Davids wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:32 pm Zarte Siempre, or an astonishingly unlikely namesake, can be heard giving the "listener question" on the 14th January edition of Radio Five Live's Fighting Talk.
Hahaha.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...