Dress Code...

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Joe Denniss
Rookie

Dress Code...

Post by Joe Denniss »

It seems like Countdown have a relatively strict dress code for contestants, and I was wondering if it's acceptable to wear a football shirt on the programme. I'd expect not, seeing as the name of the shirt's manufacturer is fairly visible, even if the sponsor is only the local council.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: Dress Code...

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Joe Denniss wrote:It seems like Countdown have a relatively strict dress code for contestants, and I was wondering if it's acceptable to wear a football shirt on the programme. I'd expect not, seeing as the name of the shirt's manufacturer is fairly visible, even if the sponsor is only the local council.
I think when it comes to dress codes, it mainly has to be plain-coloured clothes, with no logos or brand names I believe and also nothing that clashes with the set.
Martin Smith
Acolyte

Post by Martin Smith »

The list of restrictions is quite complex. Silver and grey are discouraged, as are thin stripes. T-shirts have to be round-necked. Sponsor's logos are forbidden. I actually had to head to the local charity shop to find the five suitable items they asked for.
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

In 2001 I wanted to wear a Burnley football shirt - that was the year we didn't have a shirt sponsor. There was a manufacturer's logo on the chest, though. I was told it would have been acceptable BUT - it was too shiny and reflective for the cameras.