CountMax errors

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Ben Pugh
Enthusiast

Re: CountMax errors

Post by Ben Pugh »

I was playing Paul Howe earlier on Apterous and had GIRLIEST disallowed (not that it affected the outcome), is it really not in the OED?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Ben Pugh wrote:I was playing Paul Howe earlier on Apterous and had GIRLIEST disallowed (not that it affected the outcome), is it really not in the OED?
It's not in the ODE2r, surprising in my opinion. Girly (or girlie) is specified thought but with no derivatives.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I guess that BROMINE is one of the mass nouns, that you can't pluralise:

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=1245

Still won like, but only just :lol:
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I'm ODE2r-less, but speaking as a chemist there's only one BROMINE (well there's two isotopes 79 and 81 but you still wouldn't use the word BROMINES) whereas you can have different BROMIDES and BROMATES ie they're products of a reaction with something else, or possibly you can order many in a restaurant. I always order mine with a side of potassium.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

But you might say that a bromine molecule contains two bromines, just like water contains two hydrogens and an oxygen.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

BROMINES has been allowed on the show before, though I think it would be disallowed now if it came up again. Though who knows really. Allowing plurals of elements is pretty dodgy; I know I'm not the only one who thinks that, at least (!) - they have allowed IODINES a couple of times recently (including David O'Donnell's QF), though I assume that's because of the secondary sense listed, of a solution in water. But then, BARIUM has a similar secondary sense, and DC have stuck with BARIUM when there was an S in the selection recently, so go figure...
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Julian Fell wrote:BROMINES has been allowed on the show before, though I think it would be disallowed now if it came up again. Though who knows really. Allowing plurals of elements is pretty dodgy; I know I'm not the only one who thinks that, at least (!) - they have allowed IODINES a couple of times recently (including David O'Donnell's QF), though I assume that's because of the secondary sense listed, of a solution in water. But then, BARIUM has a similar secondary sense, and DC have stuck with BARIUM when there was an S in the selection recently, so go figure...
I don't think it would be allowed either, given the current dictionary and rules, but I was thinking that maybe the dictionary should include a count noun sense for elements (if not all chemicals) because of the informal "an atom of..." usage.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

New version here. Now with 0.1% fewer mistakes!

Could someone with the current dictionary double-check FERREL, though? Even though I'm 99.99999% certain that Julian will be right, it could still be lurking under the entry for FERRULE, the ODE does funny stuff like that sometimes.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

jimbentley wrote:New version here. Now with 0.1% fewer mistakes!

Could someone with the current dictionary double-check FERREL, though? Even though I'm 99.99999% certain that Julian will be right, it could still be lurking under the entry for FERRULE, the ODE does funny stuff like that sometimes.

I have the new ODE2r and FERREL can not be found (even under FERRULE). Ferrel's Law is the closest you come.

Indeed I have checked my old ODE and FERREL is listed as an alternative spelling to FERRULE, but it has disappeared completely in this edition.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
jimbentley wrote:New version here. Now with 0.1% fewer mistakes!

I have the new ODE2r and FERREL can not be found (even under FERRULE). Ferrel's Law is the closest you come.
Cheers Kirk. As ever, please continue trying to find mistakes and post them in this thread, so that I can ignore them for several weeks and eventually be prodded into updating things ;)
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I have the new ODE2r ...
Quick question. Is the new ODE2r different from the ODE2r? If it is, then I can see a lot of people, including me, becoming very confused.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Is the new ODE2r different from the ODE2r?
No.

It is confusing though Howard - several years ago I remember Stuart Earl adamantly insisting to me that there must be different NODEs, because his had words in it which mine didn't. It turned out that the dictionary Stuart had was actually the ODE2, but he thought it was the NODE

Edit to say: nice one for editing your wordlist Jim - the latest one now looks bang up to date with everything that's been listed so far on this thread. Charlie can you incorporate this latest version into Apterous?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Quick question. Is the new ODE2r different from the ODE2r? If it is, then I can see a lot of people, including me, becoming very confused.
I never saw you as a pedant, Howard. I try and be helpful and at least twice on this thread I've had comments against the help.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I never saw you as a pedant, Howard. I try and be helpful and at least twice on this thread I've had comments against the help.
I took the question as a genuine request for clarification.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kirk Bevins wrote: I never saw you as a pedant, Howard. I try and be helpful and at least twice on this thread I've had comments against the help.
There was nothing pedantic about that comment. It was a legitimate clarification, as illustrated from Julian's reply.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I never saw you as a pedant, Howard.
Then you don't know me as well as you thought, Kirk. :) I think a love of pure maths and pedantry tend to go together. My wife and both my daughters frequently call me a pedantic bugger. Though quite often it's worded a little less politely. :lol:

As Charlie suggested, it was a genuine enquiry that i was making in this case. I was concerned that I'd missed the publication of yet another edition. So thanks guys, for clarifying. And of course, thanks Jim, for the updated word list. :)
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

GEROPIGA?

Maybe an omission, more likely one of the NODE fragments that've been dumped from newer editions, but still seem to be floating around my brain.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Paul Howe wrote:GEROPIGA?

Maybe an omission, more likely one of the NODE fragments that've been dumped from newer editions, but still seem to be floating around my brain.
Looking at the ODE2r, it goes from GERONTOLOGY to -GEROUS.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

APOLUNE is a mass noun and I don't think the definition given suggests a plural, so it should probably be removed.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

More definite mistakes: CHOKIER and CHOKIEST aren't in the ODE2r so should be removed from the list. EUCRITES is fine and should be on the list (it was in the dictionaries before CUTESIER goddammit, CUTESIER is the usurper :x )

About APOLUNES - when I first read your post, Charlie, I agreed 100%, but then I did a bit of investigation... APOLUNE and PERILUNE are specified as mass nouns, but none of APOGEE, PERIGEE, APHELION or PERIHELION are (these being effectively the same idea, just going round the Earth / Sun instead). Make of that what you will...

Anyway Jim I notice you've got APOLUNES in the list but not PERILUNES... you should prob be consistent... although you could rightly say, why should I be when Dictionary Corner aren't...

(Btw just out of interest Jim, I notice you've got two-vowelled 9-letter words in the list, which couldn't come up on normal Countdown - is that for Goatdown purposes?)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Julian Fell wrote:More definite mistakes: CHOKIER and CHOKIEST aren't in the ODE2r so should be removed from the list. EUCRITES is fine and should be on the list (it was in the dictionaries before CUTESIER goddammit, CUTESIER is the usurper :x )
Someone really bored should probably go through and check all of the -IER/-IEST words, because a lot of them have changed since the NODE.
Julian Fell wrote:About APOLUNES - when I first read your post, Charlie, I agreed 100%, but then I did a bit of investigation... APOLUNE and PERILUNE are specified as mass nouns, but none of APOGEE, PERIGEE, APHELION or PERIHELION are (these being effectively the same idea, just going round the Earth / Sun instead). Make of that what you will...

Anyway Jim I notice you've got APOLUNES in the list but not PERILUNES... you should prob be consistent... although you could rightly say, why should I be when Dictionary Corner aren't...
Yes, it's bizarre. APOGEE has another sense but the rest of them are just inconsistencies. IMO they should all be count nouns.
Julian Fell wrote:(Btw just out of interest Jim, I notice you've got two-vowelled 9-letter words in the list, which couldn't come up on normal Countdown - is that for Goatdown purposes?)
It was probably more effort to exclude them than not, plus you never know when the rules might change. And theoretically they could still be conundrums.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Charlie Reams wrote: Yes, it's bizarre. APOGEE has another sense but the rest of them are just inconsistencies. IMO they should all be count nouns.
It's interesting with curries as well - to the best of my knowledge KORMA and JALFREZI are count nouns but BHUNA, DHANSAK, ROGAN JOSH and VINDALOO are mass nouns. Remember that guys the next time you go out to your local Indian :)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:Someone really bored should probably go through and check all of the -IER/-IEST words, because a lot of them have changed since the NODE.
I compiled my own list purely from the ODE2r, then did a compare with Jim's and manually screened all the differences. So I certainly wouldn't have included any -ier/-iest words purely on the strength of them being in JimDic. However, lately I haven't bothered keeping mine up-to-date (with the stuff in this thread for example) because I rarely use my own game these days, but I'll happily send you the file if you just want to check it out.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

No NAIVETE? A strange one if not.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Paul Howe wrote:No NAIVETE? A strange one if not.
Interestingly I looked this up in my NODE a few weeks ago (non-Countdown matters) but it only had NAIVETY.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Yes, there's no NAIVETE Paul.

One that came up in Jono's game with Howard: TAGATIES - I don't think that should be on the list Jim; TAGATI is a mass noun and there is a verb "to TAGATI", but the third-person present form isn't specified so you'd have to assume it's "he/she TAGATIS" (which comes up all the time in conversation, of course)... it's similar in that respect to LIMBOES^ which Tim Reypert tried and had disallowed in his quarter-final of last series.

Of course, not having TAGATIES on the list doesn't matter because you can always go for AGITATES; but having TAGATIS there (it isn't at the moment) could make a difference.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

In relation to recent events on the show: COZIER and COZIEST need to be removed from Jim's list, as do MEOW, MEOWS, MEOWED and MEOWING.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Julian Fell wrote:In relation to recent events on the show: COZIER and COZIEST need to be removed from Jim's list, as do MEOW, MEOWS, MEOWED and MEOWING.
Already done, but I've not uploaded the new version yet.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

jimbentley wrote:
Julian Fell wrote:In relation to recent events on the show: COZIER and COZIEST need to be removed from Jim's list, as do MEOW, MEOWS, MEOWED and MEOWING.
Already done, but I've not uploaded the new version yet.
Can I ask - when you upload the new dictionary, how do I update Countmax? Do I have to find a Countmax folder and delete the old dictionary or something and then put this dictionary in that folder?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Can I ask - when you upload the new dictionary, how do I update Countmax? Do I have to find a Countmax folder and delete the old dictionary or something and then put this dictionary in that folder?
Yep, that will work.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

COZENAGES should be on your list as well Jim - another of those "clearly a mass noun in practice, but not actually listed as such because it doesn't have its own entry" ones
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

POLEIS needs to be removed from your list as well Jim - it's no longer in the dictionary.

Also you have DIORITES and PARITIES in your list, which are dubious - Jack Welsby had DIORITES disallowed in one of his heat games, and to the best of my knowledge DC haven't reversed that decision since; and I'm struggling to see a justification for PARITIES, either from the dictionary definition or from common sense...

I know I said the inclusion / exclusion of any mass noun plural is almost never a definite mistake; trouble is that on Apterous, a mass noun plural that's on the list would just be accepted without the chance for discussion, so it's worth flagging up at least
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Julian Fell wrote:POLEIS needs to be removed from your list as well Jim - it's no longer in the dictionary.

Also you have DIORITES and PARITIES in your list, which are dubious - Jack Welsby had DIORITES disallowed in one of his heat games, and to the best of my knowledge DC haven't reversed that decision since; and I'm struggling to see a justification for PARITIES, either from the dictionary definition or from common sense...

I know I said the inclusion / exclusion of any mass noun plural is almost never a definite mistake; trouble is that on Apterous, a mass noun plural that's on the list would just be accepted without the chance for discussion, so it's worth flagging up at least
PARITY ends in a Y so presumably a definite ruling could be made based on whether the plural is listed.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Sadly not, Gevin, given that DC have allowed PENURIES before (the plural PARITIES isn't specifically listed btw, for what it's worth).

And then you have the words ending in Y which don't have their own entries in the ODE2r (i.e. the ones that are listed as derivatives of other words), so can't be listed as mass nouns, even though some of them clearly are. The plurals of some of these words (the ones which the compilers think can be pluralized) are specified in the dictionary, but the plurals which aren't listed (LATENCIES, TRUANCIES etc.) have been and would be allowed on the show anyway.

So I suppose if you made a blanket ruling such as the one you're suggesting with regard to -Y words which have their own entries, although it would help re certainty, it would be illogical given the situation with the -Y words which don't have their own entries. It's a real minefield, that's for sure...
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

LUPINES is an interesting one. I was just about to post that it shouldn't be in Jim's wordlist because LUPINE, as a noun, is an American spelling (LUPINE as an adjective - "relating to wolves" is fine)... but then I looked a bit more closely at the ODE2r: it says "LUPIN (N. Amer. also LUPINE)"... that's interesting because for things like, say, DEFENSE or CIGARET it says "...(US also... )".

So is LUPINES ok because that spelling applies to the whole of North America and not just the US? Damian?

GUINEPS is interesting too - it's actually ok but you'd never know it by looking at the dictionary in the normal way, because GUINEP is listed under GENIP and not cross-referenced at all under the GU- words. I wonder then if BASSLINE is similarly lurking somewhere unfindable...?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Julian Fell wrote: GUINEPS is interesting too - it's actually ok but you'd never know it by looking at the dictionary in the normal way, because GUINEP is listed under GENIP and not cross-referenced at all under the GU- words. I wonder then if BASSLINE is similarly lurking somewhere unfindable...?
What a spot! I knew GUINEPS from a couple of years ago when it came up as I missed it but then I couldn't find it in the dictionary and assumed it was a mistake. Imagine telling Susie "you'll find it under GENIP", the whole country would know you'd studied the dictionary and wouldn't get away with Conor's excuse of "I've just heard it somewhere"!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Julian Fell wrote:Sadly not, Gevin, given that DC have allowed PENURIES before (the plural PARITIES isn't specifically listed btw, for what it's worth).

And then you have the words ending in Y which don't have their own entries in the ODE2r (i.e. the ones that are listed as derivatives of other words), so can't be listed as mass nouns, even though some of them clearly are. The plurals of some of these words (the ones which the compilers think can be pluralized) are specified in the dictionary, but the plurals which aren't listed (LATENCIES, TRUANCIES etc.) have been and would be allowed on the show anyway.

So I suppose if you made a blanket ruling such as the one you're suggesting with regard to -Y words which have their own entries, although it would help re certainty, it would be illogical given the situation with the -Y words which don't have their own entries. It's a real minefield, that's for sure...
I would say that DC were simply wrong to allow PENURIES, as it is a situation where they could just put their trust in the dictionary. Effectively they were overruling it.

As for the others, that is a more tricky situation, and I think it shows another failing of the dictionary. How are we, the blind instruction followers, supposed to know that the plurals would end in -IES rather than -YS?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Julian Fell wrote:LUPINES is an interesting one. I was just about to post that it shouldn't be in Jim's wordlist because LUPINE, as a noun, is an American spelling (LUPINE as an adjective - "relating to wolves" is fine)... but then I looked a bit more closely at the ODE2r: it says "LUPIN (N. Amer. also LUPINE)"... that's interesting because for things like, say, DEFENSE or CIGARET it says "...(US also... )".

So is LUPINES ok because that spelling applies to the whole of North America and not just the US? Damian?

GUINEPS is interesting too - it's actually ok but you'd never know it by looking at the dictionary in the normal way, because GUINEP is listed under GENIP and not cross-referenced at all under the GU- words. I wonder then if BASSLINE is similarly lurking somewhere unfindable...?
It's interesting what you say about North American v US spellings. I raised it before on gevincountdown but at the time couldn't find a specific example. I think the rule was that US spellings were banned so North American would be OK - also things like South African and Australian spellings would be OK if there were any listed. SPRINGBUCK is a South African spelling of SPRINGBOK but it has one too many letters to be relevant.

Also there was always the silly siutation of ASS being an American word and so allowed (well, ASS is a word under another meaning anyway), and ASSHOLE being a US spelling so not allowed. This was in the NODE so I don't know if it's changed.

Anyway, this from Damian is what I would go by: http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/gevinc ... ssage/7317
Am not sure what you mean. What is a North American spelling? To the best of my knowledge, the ODE lists US variant spellings for all words that they spell differently to us - all the usual stuff like color, goiter and favorite. It's these that are outlawed, but for a good reason.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Yes I thought I remembered you mentioning it Gevin. Well, what Damian said there isn't exactly conclusive is it - now that a concrete example of a North American (as opposed to US) spelling has been found, I'd be interested to hear what his view is (just seen another variant spelling listed as "N.Amer." as well - FUSILEER). Pending that, I'm going to assume LUPINES and FUSILEER and their ilk aren't allowed because as I understand it, the stricture is against "American" spellings, which doesn't exclude Canada.

There are quite a few Countdown-valid South African variant spellings btw Gevin - RIETBOKS for example, and VELSKOEN
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I'm pretty sure ASSHOLE is allowed now.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

No, it's still listed as a US spelling Mr Reams
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I was playing a game against Corby and in round 9 the selection offered ARBITERS, but its alternate anagram RAREBITS, has not been added.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

WHITIER and WHITIEST shouldn't be in your wordlist Jim - they're not in the ODE2r (may have been in the ODE2, I don't know). The former came up in my COGST semi vs. David O.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Charlie Reams wrote:I'm pretty sure ASSHOLE is allowed now.

Am sure i've just seen one on the telly, Charlie. :mrgreen:
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

That makes 2 October 15ths in a row!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Damian E wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:I'm pretty sure ASSHOLE is allowed now.
Am sure i've just seen one on the telly, Charlie. :mrgreen:
At least he's retiring soon.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Very good.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I had PIQUETS disallowed on Apterous. Now that his son is racing, surely it can be pluralised? But seriously, in my NODE (which may be different from the ODER2D2 or whatever it's called), it's got the game listed as a mass noun but also has it as a variant spelling of PICKET, which is not a mass noun.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Yeah, it's the same in the ODE2r Gevin. PIQUETS should be on your list, Jim. Also FILABEG(S) shouldn't be on the list.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

On Apterous today DC (well, Brian Blessed) came up with VERENDAH as a beater (as opposed to VERANDAH). It's not in my NODE. Does anyone know if it's in the ODEr2? Thanks.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

Can PLEROMA be pluralized? It's tagged with [in sing.], but so is INRUSH and INRUSHES was allowed back in CoC XII: Matt Shore against Chris Cummins.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Bit surprised to see POOTED disallowed on Apterous - when I last checked, POOT was listed under POOTER so POOTED/ING would be fine. Also no POLESTAR? I see Paul Howe get PETROSAL on Apterous and dictionary corner had "nothing else".
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Martin Gardner wrote:Bit surprised to see POOTED disallowed on Apterous - when I last checked, POOT was listed under POOTER so POOTED/ING would be fine. Also no POLESTAR? I see Paul Howe get PETROSAL on Apterous and dictionary corner had "nothing else".
When did you last check? There is no POOT, POOTER, POOTED or POOTING. Also POLESTAR has never been in as a single word - it's 2 words and capitalised. PETROSAL is the only valid anagram valid on Countdown and has been for the last 5 years at least when I first learnt it.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

I'm guessing this is the place to discuss apterous things.

I had COBALTS disallowed earlier, just wondering if it's like PETROLS (as in cobalt blue), which we had a thread about vaguely recently. It's not that I feel strongly it should be in (I'm not really convinced by PETROLS, to be honest), but thought I'd bring it up here where people who know more than me can discuss it/tell me I'm being an idiot.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Martin Gardner wrote:Bit surprised to see POOTED disallowed on Apterous - when I last checked, POOT was listed under POOTER so POOTED/ING would be fine. Also no POLESTAR? I see Paul Howe get PETROSAL on Apterous and dictionary corner had "nothing else".
When did you last check? There is no POOT, POOTER, POOTED or POOTING. Also POLESTAR has never been in as a single word - it's 2 words and capitalised. PETROSAL is the only valid anagram valid on Countdown and has been for the last 5 years at least when I first learnt it.
I'm pretty sure both have these have been allowed on Countdown, otherwise why else would I have heard of them?
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Martin Gardner wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
I'm pretty sure both have these have been allowed on Countdown, otherwise why else would I have heard of them?
Errr - life? They have mentioned POLESTAR^ as being capitalised before. You may have heard of HANEPOOT or similar words?
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

POOT is in the NODE as a verb, has it been removed since? But yes you're completely right about POLESTAR.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Conor wrote:Can PLEROMA be pluralized? It's tagged with [in sing.], but so is INRUSH and INRUSHES was allowed back in CoC XII: Matt Shore against Chris Cummins.
As far as I know the [in sing.] marking has always been (effectively) disregarded by DC in the past - as well as INRUSHES, the example that comes to mind which they always allow is BEDTIMES, and there've been others which I can't remember at the moment. It's only an unwritten rule (I believe), but certainly to be consistent they should allow PLEROMAS
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Is WAISTER a word these days? I'm sure it's come up loads but I had it disallowed on Apterous.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Is WAISTER a word these days? I'm sure it's come up loads but I had it disallowed on Apterous.
WASTER and WAISTED but not WAISTER.