I am confused

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

I am confused

Post by Jason Larsen »

I don't understand something that has been on my mind for about a week now.

If Jonathan Coles is the latest Octochamp in this series, how come Jason Cullen made it past the Preliminary Round?
JasonCullen
Devotee

Re: I am confused

Post by JasonCullen »

I didn't Jason :D . I finished number 9 seed in the series but I was invited back to the finals as a reserve player. Hence, if someone couldn't make it to the finals on the day in Leeds, I would replace them and play. So you'll have to wait and see if I got the chance to play :)
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

jasoncullen wrote:I didn't Jason :D . I finished number 9 seed in the series but I was invited back to the finals as a reserve player. Hence, if someone couldn't make it to the finals on the day in Leeds, I would replace them and play. So you'll have to wait and see if I got the chance to play :)
So basically you spent the previous night trying to get everyone plastered? :P
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

So, we will see our friend Jonathan Coles in the quarter-finals after all.

You gave playing Countdown your all in the Preliminary Round. Good effort, Mr. Cullen.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Michael Wallace wrote:
jasoncullen wrote:I didn't Jason :D . I finished number 9 seed in the series but I was invited back to the finals as a reserve player. Hence, if someone couldn't make it to the finals on the day in Leeds, I would replace them and play. So you'll have to wait and see if I got the chance to play :)
So basically you spent the previous night trying to get everyone plastered? :P
:lol: .

I would never do that Michael :twisted: . But I did a lot of conspiring beforehand to no avail :cry: