You know you watch too much Countdown when...

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Matthew Green
Devotee

You know you watch too much Countdown when...

Post by Matthew Green »

...you spend more time listening to Richard Digance than you do your own father.

...you have watched the last 5 mintes of literally hundreds of crappy daytime channel 4 films.

...you secretly make anagrams out of any nine letter word you see or hear in your day-to-day life and get aggrieved when there is only two vowels or an unrealistic set of consonants.

...you are friends on facebook with at least 5 former countdown contestants that you have never met in person.

...you have a teapot on your mantlepiece.

...you run upstairs to the computer during the advert break only to find that Beevers/Travers/O'Donnel etc has already posted your winner.

...you actually rearrange your diary to fit around the series finals :o

...you are on the countdown forum at 11.50 on a summers friday night............ :(
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: You know you watch too much Countdown when...

Post by Joseph Bolas »

6 of them don't apply to me :lol:
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

I suppose I have been rearranging my dissertation supervision meetings to make sure I can be home in time for countdown...
Benji Hanks
Rookie

Post by Benji Hanks »

... you call your partners post-work advances a "teatime teaser"

... when ordering food from a supermarket, you never look for more than 4 options from the top shelf.

... when playing Civilisation, whenever a Destroyer attacks you immediately pick 6 small numbers to try and slow it down.