Who is better: Carol Vorderman or Rachel Riley?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.

Who is better: Carol Vorderman or Rachel Riley?

Carol Vorderman
19%
Rachel Riley
81%

Total votes: 63

Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: Who is better: Carol Vorderman or Rachel Riley?

Post by Mark Deeks »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Mark Deeks wrote:Speaking to Rachel is much more fun than speaking to Gev, let's be honest.
You do need to build up a rapport for when she's your co-host, I suppose, so it's just as well you think that.
About as much chance of me hosting it as you appearing on it.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

L'oisleatch McGraw wrote:
Martin Bishop wrote:I wouldn't recommend discussing politics with Carol, though...
Why on earth not?
She made an embarrassing appearance on Question Time a few years ago. She clearly knew very little beyond what she reads in the Daily Mail and approached every subject with the sort of indignant moral outrage one would expect.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Thomas Cappleman wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:11 am
Ian Fitzpatrick wrote:Can someone explain the magic in "the product of two primes", Rachel mentions it often and I feel I should know it but I'm afraid it has escaped me. Thanks.
I think it's just that there is a way of getting the target by multiplying 2 smaller numbers, but only one so it's hard to spot.
If someone gets a solution like 17×23 it's quite clever because it doesn't break down any further and it's hard to spot. But unless they're both at least 13, it's not any cleverer than any other solution and not particularly interesting so I'm not sure why she mentions it.