Kirk's Countdown Experience - Out Now!!

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Mike Brown
Legend

Kirk's Countdown Experience - Out Now!!

Post by Mike Brown »

Hi all

Just thought I'd let you all know that Kirk's Countdown Experience is now available on the Countdown Page (as well as an update to all the usual stuff, for anyone who's interested).

To read the Bevatron Experience, point your browser to http://www.thecountdownpage.com/exp-kirk-bevins.htm

Cheers

Mike
Steve Durney
Acolyte

Re: Kirk's Countdown Experience - Out Now!!

Post by Steve Durney »

Fascinating read. I've read all the experiences so far, and wish there were a lot more of them! I've never even been to watch a recording, let alone be a contestant, so it's great to read something like this and get a real insight into the programme (particularly things like the last few rounds of Kirk's game against Julie Russell having to be re-shot, essentially making them actors!). Thanks for sharing what was clearly an amazing experience Kirk - and congratulations on your success once again. Clearly well deserved after such dedication. Hope a few more of you on here share your experiences as well. Chris Davies, Andrew Hulme and Neil Zussman especially! Oh, and Kai for that matter, what with all the extra interest that that generated at the time, GMTV for example!

Edit: Oh, and thanks Mike for putting them all onto the website!
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Steve Durney wrote:Fascinating read. I've read all the experiences so far, and wish there were a lot more of them! I've never even been to watch a recording, let alone be a contestant, so it's great to read something like this and get a real insight into the programme (particularly things like the last few rounds of Kirk's game against Julie Russell having to be re-shot, essentially making them actors!). Thanks for sharing what was clearly an amazing experience Kirk - and congratulations on your success once again. Clearly well deserved after such dedication. Hope a few more of you on here share your experiences as well. Chris Davies, Andrew Hulme and Neil Zussman especially! Oh, and Kai for that matter, what with all the extra interest that that generated at the time, GMTV for example!

Edit: Oh, and thanks Mike for putting them all onto the website!
Couldn't have put it better myself. As always, I'm open to anyone who would like to submit an Experience for publication; the pot is pretty well empty at present, so feel free to have a go.

And you're welcome, Steve. :)
Neil Zussman
Enthusiast

Post by Neil Zussman »

Good read, Kirk. I can't speak for all of it, but your account of our semi seems pretty accurate as I remember it. Like you, I was thinking that anorectal was an awesome made up word. And I was as devastated as you say, if not more.

I might have a go at writing up my experience at some point in the future. I've made some notes, so if I ever get round to turning them into something I want posted online, I'll be sure to let you know, Mike.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Steve Durney wrote:Hope a few more of you on here share your experiences as well. Chris Davies, Andrew Hulme and Neil Zussman especially! Oh, and Kai for that matter, what with all the extra interest that that generated at the time, GMTV for example!
Yeh, I did start writing an experience but I got bored. I think I'll try to finish it in time for the release of our special. (August 2nd!)
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.