A Nice Story

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Kevin Thurlow
Acolyte

A Nice Story

Post by Kevin Thurlow »

From the Surrey Mirror (29th October 2009)

Celebrating... A Countdown and quiz fanatic Janet's 100th birthday

A Countdown connoisseur has celebrated her 100th birthday with a special visit from the mayor. Janet Stanley, an expert at the Channel 4 quiz show, was joined by friends and relatives for her centenary bash on Tuesday October 13. Lisa Damond, of Eversfield Care Home, where Miss Stanley lives, said she had a great day.
"She watches Countdown every day - she's fanatical about it. She received a card from the show, which we arranged for her, and we hope to get her on the TV one day!"
Miss Stanley is captain of the quiz team at the care home and is a fierce competitor.
Lisa said, "She is the best at quizzes, you would definitely want her on your team."
Reigate and Banstead Borough Council Mayor, Richard Mantle, was special guest.

-----------
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: A Nice Story

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kevin Thurlow wrote:an expert at the Channel 4 quiz show
I remember a Stuart Earl (PBUH) story about an old woman who claimed to be an "expert" at Countdown, so he agreed to play a few practice rounds with her. She began by asking for an O.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Charlie Reams wrote:
I remember a Stuart Earl (PBUH) story about an old woman who claimed to be an "expert" at Countdown, so he agreed to play a few practice rounds with her. She began by asking for an O.
That reminds me of the time I opened up a tin of Alphabetti spaghetti only to find that they contained only O's til I realised I opened up a tin of spaghetti hoops by mistake
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:
She was playing reverse goatdown, you clot.

(lol@spaghetti hoops too)
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Marc Meakin wrote: That reminds me of the time I opened up a tin of Alphabetti spaghetti only to find that they contained only O's til I realised I opened up a tin of spaghetti hoops by mistake
Ha. Nice one. [Marseille nil]
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Very nice!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Very Marseille!
Jon Corby