New-look Countdown Wiki

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

New-look Countdown Wiki

Post by Charlie Reams »

After literally minutes of arduous design and test work, I'm proud to unveil the new highly aesthetic Countdown Wiki look - come check it yo: http://www.countdownwiki.com

Hopefully you can now find most of the stuff you might want with just a few clicks from the front page. I'm open to suggestions for improvement (and particularly corrections.) All pages of the wiki remain editable (except the front page -- it was just too much of a spam target.)

I'm now looking for someone to take over the News feature on the front page. This won't require any more of your time than you feel like giving - if you want to do daily updates, be my guest; if you want to update only on major events, also be my guest. Basically I really need guests. If I get several applicants then we can probably organise a rota and reduce the demands on you even more. So, if you feel like contributing something to the wiki and have no previous experience with it, now's a good time to volunteer your services. You will earn the gratitude of me and the many millions* of wiki readers.

*Probably.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Re: New-look Countdown Wiki

Post by David O'Donnell »

This is awesome, Charlie (et al?). You might be a snidey Oxbridge twat but you are also a God which is **almost** compensation.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

David O'Donnell wrote:This is awesome, Charlie (et al?). You might be a snidey Oxbridge twat but you are also a God which is **almost** compensation.
Sorry, I can't understand your strange regional brogue. Are you from Scotland?
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Is there any chance I could be an administrator then, if you want me to write daily reports? Because the front page is protected. Also there a couple of links that could be changed, i.e. John Davies -> John Davies (Series 49) which I can't do right now because I'm not an admin.

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I thought you were an admin already. But yes, I'll promote you if you want to take on the job. Other volunteers still welcome.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Great stuff, cheers! I'll try not to click on the block user links by accident when editing articles!

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Looks good Charlie.
I'd seen it earlier today before this thread had been started, and had been finding my way around.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

I'll do whatever it is that you're asking somebody to do. :?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I'll let you liaise with Martin to divide up the work, but in the meantime I'll promote you to admin. I'm sure Martin can explain the general idea.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Hmmm... re the 'News' segment - do people really want spoilers on the homepage of the wiki?