John Inverdale

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
JasonCullen
Devotee

John Inverdale

Post by JasonCullen »

I was very impressed with the humourous and fascinating contribution of john when he appeared on the show last week. His anecdotes were very interesting and varied and he actually kept me interested all the way through. Usually when it comes to that stage, I just turn over the channel until the next part of the show because other low-key celebrities ramble on about something tedious or futile. So full credit to the countdown chiefs for bringing a half-decent celebrity on the show and hopefully there will be a lot more like John to come in the near future. It would be nice to see Jo Brand back on soon or another Countdown virgin.

Any preferences anyone?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: John Inverdale

Post by Gavin Chipper »

jasoncullen wrote:It would be nice to see Jo Brand back on soon or another Countdown virgin.

Any preferences anyone?
I have to say that I'm not a big fan of Jo Brand. It seems she tries to come across as a bit "Richard Digance" with her ridiculous suggestions for words, but only succeeds in being (even) less funny than him.
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

Yes gavin I see where you are coming from but at least it adds a litte bit of humour to the show (even if its not that funny!) as my school mates see the show as boring! Mind you, some of the words jo brand and richard digance make up are probably perceived as real words by some of my ditsy classmates :P
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

He seems like a nice guy, although he seems like your casual Brit more than your formal Brit. He makes talking like second nature.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

He was pretty good. Pleasant and fluent. He has long been a good communicator though.
(Incidentally neither Jo Brand nor anybody else could be less funny than Richard Digance).
What about Graham Garden for Dictionary Corner?
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Do you mean in real life?
Christine Armstrong

Post by Christine Armstrong »

Pleased to see he was good as he was my suggestion to replace Des Lynam, and there were some posts along the lines of 'who is he?'

Christine