Numbers game tonight

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Numbers game tonight

Post by Martin Gardner »

Interesting that during one of my Countdown games with my girlfriend I chose 4 from the top and the target was - 100. Obviously we didn't even start the clock and we both did 100=100. I'd be interested to see of anyone has a more amusing solution. Anyway 100 is possible because I've seen it before on The Countdown page, one of the archived games, so a solution using one number *is* theoretically possible. Note that using the Countdown board game you can actually have targets below 100 as brilliantly they create a game with a counter that can have 0 as the first digit, although when that happens we respin. Still, I bet Countgen allows targets of 100 doesn't it?

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Re: Numbers game tonight

Post by Ben Wilson »

Brilliantly during the practice game between Mark and Dan Van last night Coungen spat out 100, 1, 10, 7, 6, 2 Target: 101. First-ever millisecond round I've ever hosted. :) Just for a laugh I WTPed it and got about 170 solutions.