Paparazzi ALREADY on Rachel's Back.....

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Paparazzi ALREADY on Rachel's Back.....

Post by Katherine Birkett »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... riend.html

Yep, they're already following her around! :roll:
Hannah O
Acolyte

Re: Paparazzi ALREADY on Rachel's Back.....

Post by Hannah O »

Aww, poor her! Well, from the pictures you can see that she's recognisable even without make-up! I'm quite surprised that she has paparazzi following her- no offence to anyone, but Countdown, while it has many fans, isn't a show where you expect paparazzi to have an interest in anyone! I just hope they don't bother her too much!
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Poor Girl, let's hope they cause her no trouble.

"The new series of the popular Channel 4 game show is currently averaging 1.1 million viewers - a 10 per cent uplift from last year's figures when the show was pulling in around one million."

So the Daily Mail don't think their readers are any good at maths.
The story didn't make it into my paper version.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Fitzpatrick wrote:"The new series of the popular Channel 4 game show is currently averaging 1.1 million viewers - a 10 per cent uplift from last year's figures when the show was pulling in around one million."
I'm probably going to look like a dick, but isn't 1m + 10% = 1.1m?
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Ian Fitzpatrick wrote:"The new series of the popular Channel 4 game show is currently averaging 1.1 million viewers - a 10 per cent uplift from last year's figures when the show was pulling in around one million."
I'm probably going to look like a dick, but isn't 1m + 10% = 1.1m?
Yes but you don't need all three elements. stating 10% above the 1m is quite sufficient.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

Well, I may not be able to manage much beyond what's required for numbers rounds on Countdown, but even I can do 10% of a figure!
Vikash Shah
Rookie

Post by Vikash Shah »

Looks like that moneygrabber boyfriend is pick-pocketing her in the shop :D
Gary Male
Enthusiast

Post by Gary Male »

It's ridiculous. The only way we can stop these non-stories from appearing is to not support them at all. I'm almost tempted to start buying the Daily Mail so I can then write to the editor to say I'm stopping buying it unless this shit stops.

Sorry Kai.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gary Male wrote:It's ridiculous. The only way we can stop these non-stories from appearing is to not support them at all. I'm almost tempted to start buying the Daily Mail so I can then write to the editor to say I'm stopping buying it unless this shit stops.
I reckon you'll be in for an uphill struggle trying to stop these non-stories. Probably should say 'non-stories' in fact as what is a non-story to you is what is selling millions of papers to everyone else.
You'd be much better off simply not caring.
Gary Male
Enthusiast

Post by Gary Male »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Gary Male wrote:It's ridiculous. The only way we can stop these non-stories from appearing is to not support them at all. I'm almost tempted to start buying the Daily Mail so I can then write to the editor to say I'm stopping buying it unless this shit stops.
I reckon you'll be in for an uphill struggle trying to stop these non-stories. Probably should say 'non-stories' in fact as what is a non-story to you is what is selling millions of papers to everyone else.
Not an option. I really don't see why stalking should be something that sells newspapers.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gary Male wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Not an option. I really don't see why stalking should be something that sells newspapers.
Then you're in the odd position of probably caring a lot more than Rachel, the very person on whose behalf you are caring.
I'm sure she was more than aware that this sort of story would crop up, and perhaps she even expected more than there has been, but I hardly expect it would ever have caused her to doubt her decision to take the job. You're only going to end up upsetting yourself if you care more than she does.
And don't for a minute try and understand the unthinking majority, the scumbags.
Gary Male
Enthusiast

Post by Gary Male »

It's ridiculous. The paparazzi do it, they get thousands of pounds. I do it and I get a court order. And it wasn't even a camera I was fumbling to get out. That's why I'm mad.
Gary Male
Enthusiast

Post by Gary Male »

And yes, I was just waiting to see who'd bite.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gary Male wrote:And yes, I was just waiting to see who'd bite.
Getting them to bite is a whole different criminal offence.
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

I'd be a bit surprised if there's a pack of paparazzi following her around 24/7. Seems more likely another Lidl customer saw an opportunity to make a few bob. I'd actually see it as good news that anyone would think this was newsworthy. It won't last, surely.
Vikash Shah
Rookie

Post by Vikash Shah »

If I was a pretty new face on TV and didn't get papped a few times in my first few weeks at least, I'd wonder what I was doing wrong. These pictures aren't exactly damaging to her, are they? Ooh, shock horror, she's shopping in Lidl in trackies :roll: