Forum hints & tips

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: Forum hints & tips

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Martin Gardner wrote:I have a question, when you're doing an external link like http://www.google.com I know how to do that, but what if I want the name on the screen to appear as something else like just "google" rather than the http before it, etc.

Martin
You mean like this: Crucial?

In the reply box there is a URL tag. When you click on it in brings up two URL's in brackets. In the first bracket you put the whole URL location in there so going by my example above its:

put the location, in the bracket, afte ... r=#BF0000][/color] and then you type the text in between the two sets of closed brackets []so your title goes here[].

Hope this answers your query :).
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I know there has already been a discussion/debate over whether or not to have more sub-forums, but what about having one that focused on study aids, like useful word lists etc.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

If we do that, can we simply call the subforum "AIDS" please?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

What are the little pictures next to the "Historical Recaps" and "Off-topic" forums? One looks like a stetson and some sunglasses, and the other looks like ... er... a peacock smoking a pipe. I assume they represent "history" and "off-topic", but what the hell are they?
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Post by Richard Brittain »

Corby wrote:What are the little pictures next to the "Historical Recaps" and "Off-topic" forums? One looks like a stetson and some sunglasses, and the other looks like ... er... a peacock smoking a pipe. I assume they represent "history" and "off-topic", but what the hell are they?
A very interesting point. I'd never really looked at them before, but having just looked closely, I'm pretty sure that the Off-topic forum logo is the head of a goat. As for Historical Recaps, I couldn't say; it does sort of resemble a hat, but could also be a pokemon.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Corby wrote:If we do that, can we simply call the subforum "AIDS" please?
Can Sir.