COBLA Co-Blackpool 2019 Saturday October 12th

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

COBLA Co-Blackpool 2019 Saturday October 12th

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

Event Information
After a successful first ever Co-Blackpool in 2018, we are back for another BIG ONE and its a PLEASURE to invite you back to the BEACH for COBLA 2 for another RIDE in the BIG ONE. Last year was won by homester Jack Worsley beating Bradley Horrocks in the final. Our event is played Lincoln Style with 3 players drawn to a table with one hosting whilst the other two play each other until all three players have played against each other. This year we have a new venue at the Millisies home base in St Annes on Sea at The Mayfield Pub on Mayfield Road.. The pub has two snooker tables,1 pool table and two dart boards. Drinks are cheap too. bar will be open from 12 noon. Free Tea and coffee available until the bar opens. Myself Mark Mills will be your host once again which pleases me as I am a better host than a player :lol: :lol: :lol: Play will start at 11am and doors open at 10am with the draw at approx 10:45, we plan to have a quiz in the lunch break also. Entry Fee is just £10 this year.

Night Time Entertainment
I have arranged a very good Karaoke DJ for the evening from 8pm, so lets have some fun and stay after the tournament with cheap beer and singing, Take-away with delivery can be arranged on the night from a very good food delivery place and are welcome to eat in venue.

Sunday Pleasure Beach Fun
Fancy a Countdowners fun day on The Pleasure Beach, a day of fun should be a great laugh.

You can pay me in person or Pay Pal me at paypal.me/markmills333 £10 entry, please select family friends as payment option if it shows up.

More information will be added soon.

Date : Saturday October 12th start 11am
Entry Fee : £10 (Includes Buffet Lunch)
Venue : The Mayfield Pub, 88 Mayfield Road, St Annes on Sea.
Start : 11am (Draw 1045)
Lunch approx 1:30
Final approx 5pm / 5:30pm

Confirmed Entries so far. (26)
Robin McKay
Chloe Jones
Anthony Endsor
Tracey Mills
Nathan Pace
Bradley Horrocks
Ashwin Abinashi
Mike Brailsford
James Haughton
James Robinson
Phillip Wilson
Taz Turner
Jason Turner
Samuel Hodkin
Zarte Siempre
Callum Todd
Richard Priest
Paul Worsley
Jack Worsley
George Armstrong
Ben Mills
Stewart Gordon
Emily Zhang
Tom Carey
Steve Anderson
Tom Chafer-Cook
Last edited by DJ Marky Mark on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:24 am, edited 20 times in total.
Long suffering Husband of Tracey Mills.
Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Re: COBLA Co-Blackpool 2019 Saturday October 12th

Post by Ashton Hancock »

Are children allowed
I am hosting a Co-Event on 31st August if you are free please come down to “The Centre” in Rotherham.My best friend is Dinos Sfyris who will be my co-host for this event
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

Ashton Hancock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:21 pm Are children allowed
Yes they are, they can take part too, if they not playing then as long as they do not disturb other players and do not run around the pub, our event finishes around 5:30pm and children are ok in the pub till 9pm.
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Hello. The PayPal link doesn't work for me fsr. Last year's does but that's different, lol. Would like to be added if I may.....
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

Philip Wilson wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:27 pm Hello. The PayPal link doesn't work for me fsr. Last year's does but that's different, lol. Would like to be added if I may.....
Hi Phil, You can pay it to my email address which is markmills0998@yahoo.co.uk just choose pay to family and friend so there's no charge. see you in Blackpool Phil...
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Brilliant, thanks for that Mark. All done! See you in October...
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Just paid. Didn't give me the option to choose between business and friends though, so I hope it hasn't deducted you - apologies if it has.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

Zarte Siempre wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:04 pm Just paid. Didn't give me the option to choose between business and friends though, so I hope it hasn't deducted you - apologies if it has.
Hi Zarte, It takes a small amount off but its fine, could not get it to give that option for some reason, really pleased to have you join us Zarte see you real soon pal.
FOCAL Countdown
Rookie

Post by FOCAL Countdown »

Well done Mark, Tracey & co on a successful event. The karaoke in the evening looked a blast! If anyone would like to write a recap of the gig for the FOCAL blog then please get in touch.
FOCAL Countdown - the unofficial tournament circuit
focalcountdown.com | @focalcountdown | focalcountdown@gmail.com
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Thank you Mark for a great today yesterday, with the fun afterwards it was one of the best co:events I've ever been to. Hopefully we'll all be back next year :)
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

Callum Todd wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:50 am Thank you Mark for a great today yesterday, with the fun afterwards it was one of the best co:events I've ever been to. Hopefully we'll all be back next year :)
Thanks Callum, always like to make it a great time no matter what, love your rapping with Ben.. Hope we see you next year mate.
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

FOCAL Countdown wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:08 am Well done Mark, Tracey & co on a successful event. The karaoke in the evening looked a blast! If anyone would like to write a recap of the gig for the FOCAL blog then please get in touch.
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

I will be starting the Blog tonight so should have it in a couple of days, it was a brilliant event run by a very intelligent person.. :roll: :lol: :lol:
George Armstrong
Rookie

Post by George Armstrong »

The blog is out now - quite a good read.

https://focalcountdown.co.uk/2019/10/18 ... blackpool/