okey-dokey count

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Stuart Earl
Rookie

okey-dokey count

Post by Stuart Earl »

Only one today again, but I might have missed a few in the introduction because I came in late.
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Re: okey-dokey count

Post by Stuart Earl »

Two today - the slide is on.
Tarquin_Curruthers

Post by Tarquin_Curruthers »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

Get a grip, folks - none today. What's happening?
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Stuart Earl wrote:Get a grip, folks - none today. What's happening?
Are you sure about that? I had subtitles on today for some odd reason and okey-dokey appeared in subtitles (can't remember what round though).
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

Joseph Bolas wrote:
Stuart Earl wrote:Get a grip, folks - none today. What's happening?
Are you sure about that? I had subtitles on today for some odd reason and okey-dokey appeared in subtitles (can't remember what round though).
Thank goodness for that, I couldn't believe we'd had a nought game from Deso - almost worth a teapot scoring nothing at all. Thanks, JB, I was troubled before you posted this...
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

So thats 4 times in 3 shows, must be killng you inside, Stuart :o ?

Perhaps its divine justice for the incessant promotion of your £5 'guide to being a losing semi-finalist'.

And they say the Lord works in mysterious ways. :mrgreen:
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

Damian E wrote:So thats 4 times in 3 shows, must be killng you inside, Stuart :o ?

Perhaps its divine justice for the incessant promotion of your £5 'guide to being a losing semi-finalist'.

And they say the Lord works in mysterious ways. :mrgreen:
The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways. The Bible has numerous examples of people like Cyrus the Persian King who acted on behalf of the forces of good without realising it. And for you to promote my ebook in such an unprompted way...

Actually I lost in the quarter-final. 8-)

And it's only £4.99.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Well, 4 times in 3 shows, massive improvement don't you think?

And given that you lost in the quarters, surely its about time you knocked the ebook down to £2.99?

I might buy one at that price, purely for research purposes of course.
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

Delighted to hear of your interest, Damian. I'll be happy to send it to you free if you give me your email address.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

so how much can I charge for a book about losing on your first show?
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

This is very interesting. Despite two okey-dokeys in the first ten minutes - I think I've come to a horrible insight. The reason Deso isn't saying okeydokey as often as before is because instead of it he's now saying "Right!". Five of them today in the first "half". Hold the front page, a big story may be in the offing here, folks.
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

What a day - a bumper crop. In the second of the three "halves" we've had 6 more "rights" and three more okey-dokeys". We're already in the record-books - how many more to come?
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

AMAZING - ANOTHER 4 RIGHTS AND ANOTHER 3 OKEY-DOKEYS!!!!!!

I reckon that makes 15 rights and an amazing 8 okey-dokeys.

In one show.

I'll have to have a lie down.

What was that, Damian, about this not being an issue...?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Stuart Earl wrote:AMAZING - ANOTHER 4 RIGHTS AND ANOTHER 3 OKEY-DOKEYS!!!!!!

I reckon that makes 15 rights and an amazing 8 okey-dokeys.

In one show.

I'll have to have a lie down.

What was that, Damian, about this not being an issue...?
It's only an issue to you though, you tedious twat.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

I think we're missing the bigger issue here - have you noticed how many times he says 'the' and 'and'?
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Not to mention the robotic contestants, always asking for "vowel" and "consonant". Say something interesting dammit.

The ironic thing is that these tedious, repetitive complaints about Des's tedious repetitive mannerisms will have resulted in the phrase okey-dokey being jammed into the minds of dozens of people who previously never realised he was saying it.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Maybe it doesn't come through on the TV but Des was a great host when I was there. He was fairly chatty with everybody, great with the audience and an all round good bloke. Anybody who would waste their time counting the number of times Des says "okey-dokey" really needs to get a life. Bear in mind you are reading this from a "prematurely balding, prematurely ejaculating singleton" which should really reveal how grave your predicament is.
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

Corby wrote:
Why do you have to be so abusive? Why can't you just have a laugh, like I've been doing? I think you ought to apologise to me for being so rude.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Stuart Earl wrote:
Corby wrote:
Why do you have to be so abusive? Why can't you just have a laugh, like I've been doing? I think you ought to apologise to me for being so rude.
So, you are having a laugh and haven't really been critical of Des throughout his tenure? It would seem that this is a 'joke with a jag'.
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Stuart Earl wrote:
Corby wrote:
So, you are having a laugh and haven't really been critical of Des throughout his tenure? It would seem that this is a 'joke with a jag'.
Personally I think there's a vast difference between criticism and being rude and abusive. As soon as I pointed out what I believed was unprofessional in a well-seasoned TV personality, first of all my integrity was attacked by Damian and now I have been sworn at for continuing a humourous thread. I think that is out of order.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Stuart Earl wrote:
Corby wrote:
That was me having a laugh :lol:

We obviously just can't detect each other's humour.
Stuart Earl
Rookie

Post by Stuart Earl »

Corby wrote:
Corby wrote:

Well, I haven't found anything remotely funny in the responses I cited in my previous submission. In fact I have been upset by them. I have enjoyed being associated with the programme, and have enjoyed doing the recaps, but I don't enjoy and will not subject myself to any more of this. Goodbye, folks. I'm off.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Stuart Earl wrote:
Corby wrote:
Corby wrote:

Well, I haven't found anything remotely funny in the responses I cited in my previous submission. In fact I have been upset by them. I have enjoyed being associated with the programme, and have enjoyed doing the recaps, but I don't enjoy and will not subject myself to any more of this. Goodbye, folks. I'm off.
We all know Corby is insulting with his replies - I've been the subject of abuse from him. You just have to ignore him.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Stuart Earl wrote:
Corby wrote:
Corby wrote:

Well, if it's a choice between you and Corby ... see ya Stuart.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Stuart Earl wrote:Well, I haven't found anything remotely funny in the responses I cited in my previous submission.
Likewise your "humorous thread".
Stuart Earl wrote:In fact I have been upset by them.
As Des might have been by your petty, vindictive criticisms.
Stuart Earl wrote:Goodbye, folks. I'm off.
Okeydokey :D
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Kirk Bevins wrote:We all know Corby is insulting with his replies - I've been the subject of abuse from him. You just have to ignore him.
Lol, when have I been abusive to you Kirk?! I like you!
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

David O'Donnell wrote:Well, if it's a choice between you and Corby ... see ya Stuart.
It isn't really, it's his choice if he wants to leave over one little post. It's not like I follow him around insulting him or anything, it just seemed appropriate in this instance :D
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Corby wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:We all know Corby is insulting with his replies - I've been the subject of abuse from him. You just have to ignore him.
Lol, when have I been abusive to you Kirk?! I like you!
Times in the past and Mr O'Donnell has had to reassure me that you were just being an idiot. Oh, and the paranormal investigation stuff caused some controversy too but at least I know you like me now. Music to my ears :)
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

It's just Jon's sense of humour. I would think he was a knob if I didn't already know that he can take it as well as dole it out. I suppose it's not really right to make this a Corby-Earl popularity contest. Stuart has been contributing recaps to this forum (and its predecessor) for yonks and I wouldn't really want to lose out on his input.

**extends olive branch**
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Corby wrote:
Stuart Earl wrote:Goodbye, folks. I'm off.
Okeydokey :D
:D
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Times in the past and Mr O'Donnell has had to reassure me that you were just being an idiot. Oh, and the paranormal investigation stuff caused some controversy too but at least I know you like me now. Music to my ears :)
I know, makes life worth living knowing that, doesn't it?

The only thing I can think you could be referring to (other than the paranormal discussion) is me asking you a question about how you did factorisation or something, and you replying something about "if you don't know that, I'll look forward to beating you at the next CO- event!", which I responded to in pretend indignation at your "arrogance". I think that got a little out of hand, with people taking it the wrong way, but that's just silliness (and trying to make you look bad :D), not abuse!

I'll be cheering you on in the Weakest Link on Tuesday :D I haven't watched a lot of WL, but isn't it true that the rightful winner usually gets tactically voted out in the last vote?
Last edited by Jon Corby on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

David O'Donnell wrote:first of all my integrity was attacked by Damian

I don't believe i attacked your integrity, Stuart. If that's how you feel then i can only apologise if that was the impression you were given. I just thought that for a religious man, your snipes about Des were not what i'd perhaps expect. I didn't see them as constructive, but more desconstructive, ageist and in poor taste.

You did say things like '"the mans deaf", "old guy", "verbal diarrhoea", and your post about his hearing was in my opinion, unnecessarily scathing. But hey, nobody died, so lets 'move on' - to quote another Des-ism.
Stuart Earl wrote:
Corby wrote:
And for what it's worth, i have to disagree with 'Corby', i don't find you tedious at all :mrgreen:

You lot on here tend to get on quite well, but some will clash, which is inevitable. Spare a thought for me, i've more or less had to put up with ALL of you at some point. :D
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

This seems to have gone a bit bad. How about everyone kisses and makes up? I actually read Corby's post as a joke. I've seen enough to know when people really dislike you. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Gavin Chipper on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

so what we've learnt here is that if you're going to say anything at all insincere you must suffix such comments with at least 3 smilies and j/k so no confusion can occur :p :p :p lol j/k
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

You're such a twat!

Edit: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOLZ!!!1
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

To be honest I found it even more rude to keep posting about Des' speaking habits, which I have no problem with. I think everyone has certain phrases that they repeat don't they? There's no need to have a daily post about it.

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Chris Philpot
Acolyte

Post by Chris Philpot »

I fear I may be risking my life entering this thread! However, I did think of you all this morning whilst watching a repeat of 90's classic 'Take Your Pick' on Challenge. After the television audience were shown the top secret contents of box 13, we cut back to Des who decreed, "okey-doke..."

Ho hum. I probably would never have noticed but for this thread!