Watching Countdown overseas

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Chris Sturdy

Watching Countdown overseas

Post by Chris Sturdy »

Hi all.

My episode 1/n* is being shown on 30 October and I have a number of people interested in seeing it based in various countries round the world, principally Australia, India, Israel, Norway and USA.

*where n may or may not equal 1 :) knowing how important it is to eradicate spoilers!

I was wondering whether there has been a thread on how best to make it possible for overseas friends to see the show?
Plan A at the moment is to record on my SKY box and then write to DVD and post (being a luddite) though I expect there are far better / more immediate / cheaper options.

As far as I know, All 4 is only available in the UK, though I am guessing various ways and means have been found to blur this distinction, though I am all for (geddit?) doing things by the book.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Twenty-six letters of the alphabet = Best of all, they shape written text!
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Re: Watching Countdown overseas

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Episodes are uploaded onto Daily Motion... well, daily, appropriately. Probably best just to share a link.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Zarte Siempre wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:26 pm Episodes are uploaded onto Daily Motion... well, daily, appropriately. Probably best just to share a link.
Sorry to be picky Zarte, but I have found of recent that the weeks episodes are all uploaded by Saturday evening :)
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Chris Sturdy wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:13 pm Hi all.

My episode 1/n* is being shown on 30 October and I have a number of people interested in seeing it based in various countries round the world, principally Australia, India, Israel, Norway and USA.

*where n may or may not equal 1 :) knowing how important it is to eradicate spoilers!

I was wondering whether there has been a thread on how best to make it possible for overseas friends to see the show?
Plan A at the moment is to record on my SKY box and then write to DVD and post (being a luddite) though I expect there are far better / more immediate / cheaper options.

As far as I know, All 4 is only available in the UK, though I am guessing various ways and means have been found to blur this distinction, though I am all for (geddit?) doing things by the book.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Look forward to seeing your show/s(? :) ) Chris :)
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Tom S wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:37 pm
Zarte Siempre wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:26 pm Episodes are uploaded onto Daily Motion... well, daily, appropriately. Probably best just to share a link.
Sorry to be picky Zarte, but I have found of recent that the weeks episodes are all uploaded by Saturday evening :)
Pick away, I'd rather be corrected :)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Chris Sturdy

Post by Chris Sturdy »

Thanks all for spectacularly helpful and warm responses.

I'm so pleased I'll be able to send a link. I may plausibly require assistance locating it when it becomes available.

Chris
Twenty-six letters of the alphabet = Best of all, they shape written text!