Looking to sell my laptop prize

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Looking to sell my laptop prize

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Hi all, sorry to post this here, but giving a few things a go for catching people outside my Facebook list.

Part of my prize for winning the latest series was a 13-inch 128GB Macbook Air, 2017 version. It's a great bit of kit, I have no doubt, but unfortunately it's just not really suited to my needs, and so I'm trying to find it a good home.

I could sell it on eBay or similar, but I'm trying to make sure it finds a good home still - it seems odd to be slightly sentimental about a machine that you're looking to sell, but I am.

It's currently retailing at £950 on the official Apple store. I'm open to sensible offers though. I'm not set up to take PayPal payments, so would ideally be looking for a bank transfer, or even cash if an exchange could be arranged easily.

If you're interested, please PM me with any offer or any questions you might have. I'll give it a couple of weeks before I look beyond Countdowners and my local area.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Re: Looking to sell my laptop prize

Post by Owen Carroll »

How come you wanna sell it Zarte?
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Owen Carroll wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:21 pm How come you wanna sell it Zarte?
You could try reading the post, you know.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:33 pm
Owen Carroll wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:21 pm How come you wanna sell it Zarte?
You could try reading the post, you know.
I read it. I know what Zarte said. I just wanted to know why it wasn't good for him.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Because all of my devices are Windows, and Windows and Apple don't always play together so well when you try to make them talk (At least, they don't when I try and make them - it's probably easy for someone who's less technophobic). Additionally I already have a "serious" laptop for my job, so if I were to have a second one, I'd like one better for gaming with, which the Apple is not.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Zarte Siempre wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:49 pm Because all of my devices are Windows, and Windows and Apple don't always play together so well when you try to make them talk (At least, they don't when I try and make them - it's probably easy for someone who's less technophobic). Additionally I already have a "serious" laptop for my job, so if I were to have a second one, I'd like one better for gaming with, which the Apple is not.
Try to make them talk?
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Owen Carroll wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:52 pm
Zarte Siempre wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:49 pm Because all of my devices are Windows, and Windows and Apple don't always play together so well when you try to make them talk (At least, they don't when I try and make them - it's probably easy for someone who's less technophobic). Additionally I already have a "serious" laptop for my job, so if I were to have a second one, I'd like one better for gaming with, which the Apple is not.
Try to make them talk?
The apple laptop doesn't have a voice box, which is why he can't make them talk.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:00 pm
Try to make them talk?
The apple laptop doesn't have a voice box, which is why he can't make them talk.
Isn't it an Adam's Apple?
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:00 pm
Try to make them talk?
K. Didn't realise laptops have voice boxes
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

You should go back to Countdown and swap it for the Dictionaries.

BTW , how much for your Countdown teapot, asking for a friend
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Marc Meakin wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:52 pm You should go back to Countdown and swap it for the Dictionaries.

BTW , how much for your Countdown teapot, asking for a friend
I got dictionaries too, I just want to keep them. Teapot's not for sale either :P
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I reckon you'd have no trouble finding a good home when you go to the CofCs....looking at your first round opponent maybe offer it as a bribe 😁
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT