Octoruns

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Octoruns

Post by Owen Carroll »

Hey guys I've been meaning to ask this for a while so I was wondering who you's would say had the 3 hardest octoruns?
Tom S
Kiloposter

Re: Octoruns

Post by Tom S »

Mark Murray by a country mile-honourable mentions to maybe Michael Pfeffer and Chris Thorn.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Tom S wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:13 pm Mark Murray by a country mile-honourable mentions to maybe Michael Pfeffer and Chris Thorn.
Mark Murray definitely for me. Then Elliott Mack and maybe James slater.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

*cough*

not quite Mark's, but
cheers maus
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Thomas Carey wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:09 am *cough*

not quite Mark's, but
Are you trying to point out in a subtle way that yours was hard? Or do you disagree with what I said about James and Elliott, what I consider a hard octoruns is how many crucial conundrums you've had in a run. And you only had one but don't get me wrong, you did very well in that game and the whole way through!
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Owen Carroll wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:03 am

not quite Mark's, but
Are you trying to point out in a subtle way that yours was hard? Or do you disagree with what I said about James and Elliott, what I consider a hard octoruns is how many crucial conundrums you've had in a run. And you only had one but don't get me wrong, you did very well in that game and the whole way through!
Thomas was speaking about your first point, and I would agree that there at least 2 other great players bar Adam who Thomas faced, so would say his was worthy of a mention.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Tom S wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 am

not quite Mark's, but
Thomas was speaking about your first point, and I would agree that there at least 2 other great players bar Adam who Thomas faced, so would say his was worthy of a mention.
Yeah true. Sorry Thomas.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

not quite Mark's, but
I would judge the hardness of an octorun by the quality of the opponents, not how close the games were. All the weaker octochamps would have had hard octoruns by your definition - not that I'm accusing James or Elliott of being weak of course!
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:33 pm

not quite Mark's, but
I would judge the hardness of an octorun by the quality of the opponents, not how close the games were. All the weaker octochamps would have had hard octoruns by your definition - not that I'm accusing James or Elliott of being weak of course!
Fair point. So who would you say had the hardest octoruns after mark Murray?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Owen Carroll wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:06 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:33 pm
Fair point. So who would you say had the hardest octoruns after mark Murray?
Dunno. I'd have to check.