Marked irregular plurals taken down en masse?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Paul Erdunast
Series 74 Champion

Marked irregular plurals taken down en masse?

Post by Paul Erdunast »

I’ve noticed a few words which had irregular plurals specifically marked, eg THALAMI, KNEIDLACH, a few -um endings becoming -a in the plural, no longer have those plurals in.

Have Oxford Dictionaries simply taken them down en masse? Have they taken them all down? Are they marked in the premium version? If they have been taken down, should apterous’s dictionary remove them all and add the regular plurals? Clearly if they’ve been taken down so are no longer specified in the dictionary, that means they probably will be no longer accepted as valid.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Marked irregular plurals taken down en masse?

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Paul Erdunast wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 pm I’ve noticed a few words which had irregular plurals specifically marked, eg THALAMI, KNEIDLACH, a few -um endings becoming -a in the plural, no longer have those plurals in.

Have Oxford Dictionaries simply taken them down en masse? Have they taken them all down? Are they marked in the premium version? If they have been taken down, should apterous’s dictionary remove them all and add the regular plurals? Clearly if they’ve been taken down so are no longer specified in the dictionary, that means they probably will be no longer accepted as valid.
I think you need the premium version to see the plurals. See this ticket.
Paul Erdunast
Series 74 Champion

Re: Marked irregular plurals taken down en masse?

Post by Paul Erdunast »

Ah thanks so much. Makes much more sense now.