New set

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Peter Clarke
Rookie

New set

Post by Peter Clarke »

So apparently, there is going to be a new set starting from S77 onwards. Looking at Robbo's FB status, he says it's apparently still going to be blue but doesn't know much else.

It wouldn't surprise me if the new set is a darker shade of blue. I am going to miss this current set, but I hope the new set is brilliant and taken well into 2017 onwards.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: New set

Post by James Robinson »

You can see a bit of the new set in the background of this tweet, which shows the same blue background, but we seem to have a brown desk with integrated scoreboards...
Rob Francis

Post by Rob Francis »

Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Looks like the UC set, or am I imagining that on the basis of barely ever watching UC?
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Ciaran Thompson
Rookie

Post by Ciaran Thompson »

There are four more photos here on Suzannah Lipscomb's Twitter page: https://twitter.com/sixteenthCgirl

Interesting reddy-brown colour for the main desk. I like the more modern look of the studio as a whole.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I seem to notice it more when watching 8/10 Cats Does Countdown, but the current set has these weird lumps on the panel in front of the contestants that make it look like the front is peeling away.
Peter Clarke
Rookie

Post by Peter Clarke »

The actual new set has been shown on Cats Does Countdown this month.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Peter Clarke wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 pm The actual new set has been shown on Cats Does Countdown this month.
Glad you mentioned that. They keep showing so may repeats that I was completely unaware that they'd started sneaking in some new ones. They're really hard to keep track of!
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Anyone else noticed that when we see letters selections on tv during the 30 seconds, the outside edges of the end letter tiles are cut off, so those letters don't appear in the middle of their tiles?
Doesn't look right imo :-)
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

The whole letters board is misaligned during the round but when DC's words are displayed it is lined up correctly. The lack of symmetry really bugs me.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Good to see that the boards are nicely lined up now (since the first Jenny Eclair recording), no extraneous corners nor patches of light blue. A very neat picture is portrayed now. Well done the Countdown team.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum