"APTEROUS" on Countdown

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Rookie

"APTEROUS" on Countdown

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:09 am

Is it just me, or is there a palpably weird and knowing atmosphere in the studio every time APTEROUS comes up as a DC max on Countdown?
It's kind of like in Harry Potter when someone dares to say "Voldemort" rather than "he who must not be named".

Susie has a slightly excited expression, of someone who is being a little subversive.
Nick (badly) feigns ignorance of ever having heard of such a thing.
Rachel gives a conspiratorial cheeky grin to the camera, just to directly acknowledge that she knows each of us are watching and understand.

Or maybe it's just me.
"Si my une Land, uvloth cyay uvloth cyar. Lay uv menan Land De Lamphs, ate lay saihlle uv cohme an nar..."

Mark Deeks
Kiloposter

Re: "APTEROUS" on Countdown

Post by Mark Deeks » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:24 am

Nah, it happens.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Re: "APTEROUS" on Countdown

Post by Adam Gillard » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:24 am

L'oisleatch McGraw wrote:Is it just me, or is there a palpably weird and knowing atmosphere in the studio every time APTEROUS comes up as a DC max on Countdown?
It's kind of like in Harry Potter when someone dares to say "Voldemort" rather than "he who must not be named".

Susie has a slightly excited expression, of someone who is being a little subversive.
Nick (badly) feigns ignorance of ever having heard of such a thing.
Rachel gives a conspiratorial cheeky grin to the camera, just to directly acknowledge that she knows each of us are watching and understand.

Or maybe it's just me.
Yeah pretty accurate from what I just saw, but I think Nick might genuinely be ignorant of it.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."