Fantasy Jim Bentley Countdown Club

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Fantasy Jim Bentley Countdown Club

Post by Matt Morrison »

I remember reading this wiki article a few times down the years, but not for a very long time until Jim mentioned it earlier today in some other thread or other.

So, much like infamous "who, dead or alive, would you invite to a dinner party?"-type questions, who would you invite, past or present, from the Countdown world, to your Jim Bentley Countdown Club?

Pick:
  • 2 strip Countdown players
  • 1 table adjudicator
  • 1 cocaine-supplying dwarf
  • 2 scantily clad clock ladies (or clock men, or one of each gender, or cis, or trans, or whatever works for you)
  • a spirit of choice
Entirely up to you whether you want to fill one of these roles or just watch.

Oh and Jim, when you answer (which I know you will), please provide your fantasy line up for both now, and when you originally devised the club.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Re: Fantasy Jim Bentley Countdown Club

Post by JimBentley »

Matt Morrison wrote:I remember reading this wiki article a few times down the years, but not for a very long time until Jim mentioned it earlier today in some other thread or other.

So, much like infamous "who, dead or alive, would you invite to a dinner party?"-type questions, who would you invite, past or present, from the Countdown world, to your Jim Bentley Countdown Club?

Pick:
  • 2 strip Countdown players
  • 1 table adjudicator
  • 1 cocaine-supplying dwarf
  • 2 scantily clad clock ladies (or clock men, or one of each gender, or cis, or trans, or whatever works for you)
  • a spirit of choice
Entirely up to you whether you want to fill one of these roles or just watch.

Oh and Jim, when you answer (which I know you will), please provide your fantasy line up for both now, and when you originally devised the club.
OK, I'll bite, as you knew I would:
  • 2 strip Countdown players: You and Heather of course!
  • 1 table adjudicator: Has to be Ben, as he would be utterly fair about such hypothetical shenanigans;
  • 1 cocaine-supplying dwarf: Don't know any really. But if the guy who played Oddjob in the Bond films is still alive, I'll go for him;
  • 2 scantily clad clock ladies...: Kathleen Turner (circa 1980) and Carole Bayer Sager (circa 1976); I'm assuming time travel is allowed for this;
  • a spirit of choice: Absinthe, just because the proper stuff is strong as fuck, and absinthe + an opiate = laudanum, which could be fun!
For my part, I'd be videoing the proceedings for future amusement.

That's all a bit fucked up, but you did ask!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Haha, amazing of course. What's the bet this thread ends at these three posts? (plus your answer to this one...)
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Matt Morrison wrote:Haha, amazing of course. What's the bet this thread ends at these three posts? (plus your answer to this one...)
I think you called this one right! To be fair, it's difficult to answer without appearing to be a mad alcoholic pervert (I of course have no compunction about being seen as such).
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

I'm thinking on it. My understanding was more that it should be kept to Countdowners and therefore I'm trying to work out who best fits which bit. And can do so without turning my stomach =/
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...