Suzie

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Sue Sheldon

Suzie

Post by Sue Sheldon »

How come I dont see any postings about Suzie? Is she not considered fair game as Carol and Des are? Just to say she does a great job, especially putting up with some of the creepy partners she has in DC. (Giles Brandreth anybody?)
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Re: Suzie

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Oh yes we love Suzie too!!! Well, at least I do. :D

As her baby's just over a year, I loved how she was explaining the other day about Mums losing their brain cells a bit when they have young children, and you could tell she was totally relating to it. :lol:

She's been my fave DC person to my knowledge. Does anyone know how long she's been there? In fact, I'm not sure if I know everyone who's done DC - anyone have a list? (I'm sure someone here will! ;) ) The main other person I remember liking was Richard Sampson. Did he go off to Australia...?
Sue Sheldon

Post by Sue Sheldon »

As far as I'm concerned Damian was the best ever DC person. He's got such a great personality and showed a bit of irreverence, not seeming to take it toooo seriously.
Sue Sheldon

Post by Sue Sheldon »

OOPS. A thousand apologies, I've spelt her name wrong. Sorry SUSIE and everyone else who will be mortally offended. :(
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I think the real question is who you prefer out of Suzie, Damien and Carrol?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Sue Sheldon wrote:How come I dont see any postings about Suzie? Is she not considered fair game as Carol and Des are? Just to say she does a great job, especially putting up with some of the creepy partners she has in DC. (Giles Brandreth anybody?)
A lot of people fancy Susie and are incapable of being objective about her.
Lee Simmonds
Acolyte

Post by Lee Simmonds »

I think most of us love Susie and let's be honest, alot rests on her shoulders now.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Sue Sheldon wrote:As far as I'm concerned Damian was the best ever DC person. He's got such a great personality and showed a bit of irreverence, not seeming to take it toooo seriously.
Also don't forget that Damian Eadie was also a contestant in series 28, back in 1994, and he went on to win the series.
Sue Sheldon

Post by Sue Sheldon »

Maybe it should be Damian as the new host? I could just see it.....
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Sue Sheldon wrote:Maybe it should be Damian as the new host? I could just see it.....
Hmmm.......perhaps not.

Only a few more days and all will be revealed.

8-)
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Lee Simmonds wrote:I think most of us love Susie and let's be honest, alot rests on her shoulders now.

Eh? What rests on her shoulders?
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Damian E wrote:
Only a few more days and all will be revealed.

8-)
Will we be told who Carol's replacement is at the same time?
Charlie Reams wrote:I think the real question is who you prefer out of Suzie, Damien and Carrol?
I prefer Dez! :lol:
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Sue Sheldon wrote:Maybe it should be Damian as the new host? I could just see it.....
There also this video by the way of a Gregglised game of Countdown where you see Damian in DC (but not that much).

Actually, after watching this, this video has something that you could call FOURPLAY where instead of it being 1 v 1 its 2 v 2, so that's something they could do in a future series.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

There are threads about Susie.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

...And this is one of them.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Sue Sheldon wrote:Just to say she does a great job, especially putting up with some of the creepy partners she has in DC. (Giles [sic] Brandreth anybody?)
Whenever Brandreth is on I always want to yell at the TV, "Stop invading her personal space!" He'll make some asinine remark that he thinks is funny, smirk at the camera, then turn and lean towards Susie until his face is a couple of inches from hers and leer smarmily at her. You can tell Susie's uncomfortable because she can't look at him.

I do think she does a terrific job though. She always appears completely natural and unaffected on screen - and modest about her own abilities too.
Lee Simmonds
Acolyte

Post by Lee Simmonds »

Damian E wrote:
Lee Simmonds wrote:I think most of us love Susie and let's be honest, alot rests on her shoulders now.

I just mean that she is the last link from what was the holy trinity of Richard/Carol/Susie. Obviously I hope that the new presenter and arithmetician will help keep the show successful and the changes you have got planned will keep things moving forward.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Very good, Kai!

Hopefully, our other Sue will understand that.
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Sue Sheldon wrote:OOPS. A thousand apologies, I've spelt her name wrong. Sorry SUSIE and everyone else who will be mortally offended. :(
Oops and I just copied you! :lol: Though I do have a friend who is Suzie Dent and she runs a couple of a-ha (the Norwegian band) websites. Before I met my friend Suzie I'd emailed her in the past and one of the things I'd asked is if she was the Countdown Susie, and sorry if she'd been asked that before. She replied that no she wasn't, and yes she'd been asked before. :oops: Drats! And I had thought it would have been cool if Susie loved Countdown and a-ha like me! :lol:
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Lee Simmonds wrote:
Damian E wrote:
I just mean that she is the last link from what was the holy trinity of Richard/Carol/Susie.
I think Damian knew that and was simply asking what an 'alot' was.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

No - i didnt really get what Lee was meaning.

Susie is top notch sure, but remember there have been 37 different people in the corner over the years doing what she does, and it was only 2004 / 5 when she became a permanent resident.

The new show will of course feature Susie, but any implication that the future of the show rests on her shoulders is simply not true. We've got 2 cracking new presenters who will be more than capable of holding their own and stamping their own identity on the show. You'll see. 2009 will be fantastic. 8-)
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Damian, will we find out who the new host and co-host are at the same time?
Keith Hazell

Post by Keith Hazell »

Why is Susie so difficult to understand? We understand carol's every word even if she does pronounce some oddly, but Susie's acccent is so plummy in a schoolgirlish way that we could do with subtitles. Also as she is supposed to be 'good' with words, how about banning the comment "Fantastic" when things aren't?
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Jason Larsen wrote:Damian, will we find out who the new host and co-host are at the same time?

YES !!
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Damian, please tell me, are you angry with me or are you excited?
Sue Sheldon

Post by Sue Sheldon »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Sue Sheldon wrote:Just to say she does a great job, especially putting up with some of the creepy partners she has in DC. (Giles [sic] Brandreth anybody?)
Whenever Brandreth is on I always want to yell at the TV, "Stop invading her personal space!" He'll make some asinine remark that he thinks is funny, smirk at the camera, then turn and lean towards Susie until his face is a couple of inches from hers and leer smarmily at her. You can tell Susie's uncomfortable because she can't look at him.

I do think she does a terrific job though. She always appears completely natural and unaffected on screen - and modest about her own abilities too.
Absolutely. He makes my flesh creep and I always feels so sorry for Susie when he's on. Sorry Charlie, spelt his name wrong too! Hope I've got your's right! :oops:
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Damian E wrote:
Jason Larsen wrote:Damian, will we find out who the new host and co-host are at the same time?
YES !!
Just out of curiosity, why would think that the new host and new co-host wouldn't be announced at the same time, Jason?

Maybe you should do that now Damian :P
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

I'm so glad Dave Benson Phillips will be the new host.